Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Megacity [Universal]

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM
iPhone 4

This looks pretty cool! I hope it's a bit better tuned than the Sim City app in terms of touch play. Nice work!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:45 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
MegaCity is a highly original and fun 'one-more-go' style puzzle game. Easy to learn, hard to master gameplay which requires thinking, logic and luck.

Place building tiles on the grid to play the game; but each tile has a different positive or negative effect on it's surroundings. Once a column has the required number of points, the game advances, giving you more room to build. Megacity is a real thinking person's game, which appeals to and is suitable for all ages.
Sounds kind of like Sudoku. I'll wait for impressions
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Sounds kind of like Sudoku. I'll wait for impressions
Not sure how you get the Sudoku reference.

From what I have played so far you need to score a goal number of points to move on to the next level. Scores are based on the values of property in the highlighted column. Things that you place on the board have both a positive and negative effect on their surroundings. For example a prison will decrease the area around you while a park will increase the property values. You can't just stockpile the negative areas to one corner of the board either because when you complete the goal, the column goes away and everything left on the board moves left - both positive and negative. So you have to keep a balance of all that stuff while thinking ahead about where to place things.

As you score points you gain XP and there are achievements and unlocks to open up new maps. There is quite an amount of depth hidden in here.

It's quite the cerebral puzzle game to be honest and I can see how it won't appeal to everyone. But if you are up for a thinking challenge this is definitely quite fun.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:08 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Looks more like a city version of One Piece Mansion:

(Not related to the anime One Piece)

An old Playstation game where you build towers and each tenant has positives/negatives that affect their neighbors in different ways. Have to build so big of a tower while keeping people happy (and the rooms occupied so that you can make enough money to build said tower.) Game is pretty good until you realize you can minimize interaction by building single-column towers (some of the level goals are "build a tower XX floors high..."

Might just pick this one up, it looks interesting.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

This game is too cool but FORGET ANY COMPARISON TO SIM CITY, this is a very cool abstract puzzle game that just uses the city planning theme to sort of add context to the game, but in no way is it really about planning a city.

Think of it more like this...

You have a grid of 7x6 squares (7 wide and 6 high). Your objective is to clear the furthest left row by setting up a situation in which that column has over the required point total (like 4 points initially).

Houses/apartments are the only things that store the points and all of the other buildings modify these values.

You always need to use the topmost offered tile, so if negative and nasty, you still need to find somewhere to place it (the landfill must go somewhere).

A handy trick to consider is that all of these facilities do not store points so if there is an area that already has some huge negative modifiers (say "-4"), just plop another facility (not home/apartment) on top of it and that "-4" becomes a more manageable "0".

While it is easy enough at first, with the full empty grid, to setup some nice high scoring columns early on, as the game continues, all of those landfills and other nasty effect buildings you may have hoped to push down the line will come back to haunt you!

5/5
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Maybe a better way to put this is this game almost feels a lot more like one of Dr. Reiner Knizia's puzzle/board games than a real attempt at Sim City...which is only a good thing in my book.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

yes it's not a Simulation city builder at all!, I am working on the Developer now to get some Codes, He used our development tool to make it, So maybe I can score some codes for TA

Last edited by Kisguri; 08-04-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hello Folks,

Creator of Megacity here, thanks for your responses- it means a lot as this was my first iOS game. As a thanks, here's some promo codes for you (thank Kisguri btw- he pointed me towards this thread!)

7TNKNY6RRRNX
K74NYNTMLRPX
7J3MHR93JKXK
MM34M43ARKX4
JT4EJHLFTP3Y

First come first serve.
I'll stick around on touch arcade
Old 08-05-2011, 05:24 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Woot

I got 7TNKNY6RRRNX thank you!