★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: CozyQuest

04-24-2009, 01:05 AM
CozyQuest

I'm not joking when I say this... this game looks pretty good. It's an MMORPG, and it appears that it will have frequent updates.

I'll TOFTT for the very first time if enough people are interested.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=311325252&mt=8
04-24-2009, 01:07 AM
I am VERY interested. I checked their website and also Googled the game. I cant find any screenshots other then their main page which just has art. But if its a TRUE mmorpg and not one of those "add 10000000 codes and you are win" then I am all for it.

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2

04-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Looks to have a nice amount of polish and it appears to be a traditional RPG.

As for the amount of depth, you can never really tell unless someone takes the dive. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral75 View Post
I am VERY interested. I checked their website and also Googled the game. I cant find any screenshots other then their main page which just has art. But if its a TRUE mmorpg and not one of those "add 10000000 codes and you are win" then I am all for it.
I agree if they game doesnt reward players that pay the most money, then it will be well worth the $5

I'm downloading it now btw
04-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Nice! post some fast impressions so I know if I should download it!

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-24-2009, 01:17 AM
first impressions. This game is EXTREMELY polished. The interface is clean and everything is easy to find. The game appears to have a lot of depth. So much that its going to take a while before I can make a decision on if its worth the money.

By the way they have a "Report Bug" button within the game
04-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
By the way they have a "Report Bug" button within the game
Wonder how long until it's abused and flooded.

It does appear that they put a lot of work into this one and have covered their bases.

Can't wait for some impressions. ^ ^

..although, I'm still not so sure I want to jump into a MMO-type game.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-24-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm almost certain I am going to get this because I like the not so real MMO games for the iDevice, and this looks like a real one.

I'm very curious about it.

From their site:
http://cozyquest.com/classes
04-24-2009, 01:32 AM
OKay this game isn't for everyone. I would have to say if you like The Quest and you like text based games this is an instant purchase.

Starting the game:

First you name your character and choose what class and race you will be

There are 5 classes and 5 races (Yes each of them give you different stats)

Once you make your character you come across the main menu which at first only shows a Merchant section (which is basically the town) You can visit shops to get quests or you can go to the arena (to fight other players perhaps?) Places that have quests for you are marked quest, and once you accept it new locations open up.

They game has well written dialog, and its not like thos mafia mmo's where you just do "Jobs" these are actual quests

So far my only gripes is that there appears to be no quest log, so you have to remember what you need to do for a quest. Also during battle I havent figured out to use items or spells. I currently use a priest so I have a spell of healing. I can't use it during battle, but outside of it I get fully recovered.

Becareful with using spells! When I used the spell of healing I had to actually wait for a certian amount of time before I could use it again.

I'd have to say it was worth the money (considering I'm a RPG Freak).

I apologize if this impression doesn't make sense is 2:30am and I'm really tired

UPDATE: I can't sleep... I'm actually hooked!

Last edited by Maythius; 04-24-2009 at 01:38 AM.
04-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Maythius (a level 1 Priest) is #7 on the leader board with 35 gold. ^ ^

Edit: Leader board seems to update in real time, Maythius is now #6, with 70 gold.

You're currently the only priest in the game too.

There still aren't any merchants though.

Last edited by Donburns99; 04-24-2009 at 01:44 AM.