Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-03-2011, 08:53 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

AGGGHH!! I need to get this!!! I'm on my iPod and I have no space... Grrr...
Old 08-03-2011, 09:00 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Really enjoying the game
Spider is already lvl 34 while ant and beetle is at less than lvl 20
Playing it on my ipad2 will also download it later on my iphone4 for more bug hero goodness on the go
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
AGGGHH!! I need to get this!!! I'm on my iPod and I have no space... Grrr...
Must be real bad seeing everyone able to play the game when you can't, lol
Old 08-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eev View Post
sometimes enemies spawn behind some objects and it's impossible to see them and generally it's hard to fight and aim in such cases. enemies spawn from the air close to hero, that should be fixed just because it does not make any sense, with respect to the game world. why spider fights fleas in the first missions, if they are ruled by the scorpion clan? and maybe it would be good to pause the game after opening the map. also i would not call it adventure or rpg, it's original game with story based missions.
There are resistance fighters of all bug clans... the largest majority of course being ants, but in the same way you'll find all different species of bug heroes, there are indeed pockets of flea resistance, etc. In Spider's third mission for ex, the assassin specifically states their is a resistance flea camp up north

As for the enemy spawning, it makes about as much sense as random battles in most RPGs/action/RPGs I know some people will want less enemies that are stronger, but we wanted to keep the action tight since individually, missions are only 2-5 minutes each... and enemy strength is a key part in the different heroes. I'd rather err on the side of too many enemies then too few, personally. Its also part of the key of making sure you find weapon upgrades and up your damage... pretty soon you'll be one shotting lesser enemies like little wusses.

But again, we are listening to criticisms and we'll do everything we can to appease as many people as we can
Old 08-03-2011, 10:14 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
There are resistance fighters of all bug clans...
thanks, should read more carefully.

Quote:
As for the enemy spawning, it makes about as much sense as random battles in most RPGs/action/RPGs
well, more like in jrpgs. but the point is not only the spawning but appearing basically just in front of the hero, unless it's explained somewhere that bugs has such technologies. that's why i wrote with respect to the game world.

Quote:
I'd rather err on the side of too many enemies then too few, personally.
i understand your point, thanks for the answer. it makes game more like dual stick shooter, however of course it's the matter of the game design.

Last edited by eev; 08-03-2011 at 10:17 AM..
Old 08-03-2011, 10:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hey sometimes I see a little icon next to the treasure chest on the level select screen that looks like a bug. What is it?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Developer

I'll see about setting up a minimum spawn distance, so enemies are less likely to spawn right near your hero without warning
Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Loving the game, just gutted to be at work and not able to play it!

Agree though that something should be done with the map, especially with the ipad where the button is quite a long way away (a problem for me when attacked while the map is out, want to get rid of it quickly). Maybe a solution is to pause when the map comes up, and then next time you move/attack it goes transparent and the game continues so you have the option. Also how about tapping anywhere on screen to get rid of the map to avoid getting attacked while moving to the map button?

Agree on the point about talking to characters mid fight too. Maybe make it so that once you have spoken to them you have to tap them to speak to them again (until they have something new to say)??

Great work though, thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Hey sometimes I see a little icon next to the treasure chest on the level select screen that looks like a bug. What is it?
It is explained when you first talk to a Skill Master But it is an icon for levels that have a Skill Master in it... if its unlit, then you haven't found the Skill Master in that level yet. If you don't know what Skill Masters are, you'll learn soon enough when you find the first (readily available) one Some levels (like Spider's lvl 3), you'll probably have to go back and find the Skill Master after you're stronger.
Quote:
Loving the game, just gutted to be at work and not able to play it!

Agree though that something should be done with the map, especially with the ipad where the button is quite a long way away (a problem for me when attacked while the map is out, want to get rid of it quickly). Maybe a solution is to pause when the map comes up, and then next time you move/attack it goes transparent and the game continues so you have the option. Also how about tapping anywhere on screen to get rid of the map to avoid getting attacked while moving to the map button?

Agree on the point about talking to characters mid fight too. Maybe make it so that once you have spoken to them you have to tap them to speak to them again (until they have something new to say)??

Great work though, thanks
Awesome constructive feedback, thanks And great ideas... I'll see what we can do. The NPC issue is a bit more tricky, as tapping on the NPC for 2nd rounds of talking for ex is just unintuitive an not obvious... what we might see about doing is lowering the "talk range" of NPCs after you've talked to them once.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:30 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Do you have to finish the game before you can enter the Colosseum?

Just finished the level where the three main characters meet. Spider, Beetle, and Ant. Worm makes a cameo in one of the earliest levels, and I can see from the achievements that you also get to play three more characters short term: Ladybug, Termite, and Hopper. I wonder if any of the others make a cameo too?

I love how they brought in the native bugs - totally fit into the storyline.