★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stick Escape is out now!!!!

04-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Stick Escape is out now!!!!

My first game and my second application, Stick Escape, is out now! We are VERY happy to have finished the entire process in about 2 months!

To tell the truth, it is after midnight here, but as usual, I was quite excited

iScreamer! promo code giveaway: ALL CODES ARE GONE!
Thank you for participating!

As promised, we are doing a little giveaway for iScreamer! to celebrate the release of Stick Escape. Simply pm mw and the first ten people who honestly (please be honest ) say that they will write a review on iTunes or on there review site or whatever, will get a code. Thanks!

Here is a little info:

(Thanks to Anduril_UKR for the description )

Stick Escape is out!

__________________________________________________ _________

Meet the Sticks: a family of, believe or not, stick people. There lives were simple and easy until one night...

...as the wind howls outside, as the windows tremble, as the sky turns a menacing black, a thunderstorm worse than those of your worst nightmares passes over the innocent town of Stickville. And as any responsible and calm family would do, the Sticks burst from their home and run screaming like demented baboons that have had one too many cups of coffee. Your job: keep the Sticks from abandoning the only lives they have ever known and keep them around ‘till the sun arrives to come save the day. In other words: keep crazy stick people on screen! You do this by simply tapping a family member to switch their direction of running. But it is not as easy as it sounds, because as you continue to progress through the levels (there are a total of 16), more family members arrive and they run all the faster, creating havoc and panic everywhere. 

But that is not all! Oh no, we show no mercy! While the Sticks continue to become speedier and speedier (storms can do strange things to people), a new character is introduced: Junior! Junior is climbing up and down a ladder placed mysteriously outside, stretching into the sky . . . Where to? No one knows. (Mysterious music begins to play) -- but myth tells of a great dragon who lurks in the thunder-land, lightning spewing from his mouth, smoke as dense and thick as the thunderheads that surround him gushing from his nostrils as though they were faucets, spikes glinting dully, but sparkling gloriously when lightning illuminates their slick, glossy edges and jagged peaks. The dragon devours all who dare enter his dominion . . . But then again, it might just be sky up there (and maybe a stray cloud or two). You must keep Junior from reaching the bottom of the ladder or the top of the screen.

But your job is still not over. In addition to this, there are three bonus levels which require you to exercise your unmatched tilting controls to keep Mr. Stick from drowning in a river of lava (a regular feature of all thunderstorms, of course)!

So are you ready to face this challenge? The Sticks depend on you; do not let them down! You are our only hope to save the Sticks from ultimate destruction. And even if you just don’t really care about the Sticks or their future, but just want some fun, this game is for you!

Note: No stick people were harmed in the making of this game.

Features:

-16 high-octane levels

-4 different characters
-3 tilt-controlled bonus levels

-Fast and addicting gameplay

-Characters light up when you tap them
-Easy to pick up and play!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	3233   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	3234   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	3235  

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	3236   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	3237  

Last edited by WellSpentYouth; 04-24-2009 at 01:41 PM.
04-24-2009, 02:15 AM
your description is a bit too long.
but i'm so happy that it's out.

04-24-2009, 02:18 AM
Congrats on your release, I wish you all the best. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
your description is a bit too long.
but i'm so happy that it's out.

Yes, the description is long, we are working on it. Funny, I am also happy that it is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Congrats on your release, I wish you all the best. ^ ^

Thank you!
04-24-2009, 02:30 AM
In the app description does it need to say "Stick Escape is out"?

Congrats on releasing this though, and good luck.

Twitter: @Zincous
04-24-2009, 02:32 AM
Congrats, and good luck!
04-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
In the app description does it need to say "Stick Escape is out"?

No, you are right. I will take it out just for you Check the iTunes in a few hours (how long it takes to update) and should be gone.

Congrats on releasing this though, and good luck.

Thank you!

BTW: I noticed that it is only .7 MB in iTunes, but I gave myself a code (I don't want to buy my own game), downloaded it and so far it works great! I guess Apple has a new way of compressing it. Stick Escape is a much bigger file than iScreamer!, but iScreamer! is a whopping 10MB. (15 times as big as Stick Escape)
04-24-2009, 02:47 AM
As promised in the other thread, I purchased this app 2 minuets ago I stick by my word so I'll definitely play with this soon. Congratulations on your first game, looks great!

EDIT: Just a word of advice, spell check what you wrote so ensure that the game is as polished as it can be

To give you a heads up, the introductory synopsis has a few spelling mistakes (e.g. amunt = amount, charcaters = characters, sugegest = suggest, charactor = character).

Initial impression:

The levels get way hard, in fact it gets rather impossible to keep them on screen! Maybe it's just me, but I found it to be really difficult after "You Lose", then you restart, the game just goes superspeed.

Instead of giving the players a chance to tap them they just go crazy and run. haha. The concept to the game is there, but with the right amount of polish I'm sure it'll get better. This is one of those games where potential is there, but it hasn't quite achieved what it really needs to be. Develop on the concept/premise of the game and it'll be fine! For now, that's my 2 cents for the game.

Once again, all the best in your future endevaours and I look forward to the updates.

Content Writer for www.vgchartz.com

Last edited by jFND; 04-24-2009 at 02:58 AM.
04-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jFND View Post
As promised in the other thread, I purchased this app 2 minuets ago I stick by my word so I'll definitely play with this soon. Congratulations on your first game, looks great!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy it!
04-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Cool!

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95