★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Games you'd love, but you'll never find out

04-24-2009, 03:33 AM
Games you'd love, but you'll never find out

Have you ever picked up a game from the AppStore, almost by accident, from some far far away position on the 'new list', or as a result of searching for something else, and you simply LOVED the game? Have you wondered why the heck people don't buy this game? How come it's not in top 100? I've noticed a lot of gamers (and developers as well) complaining about how quality apps sink in an ocean of crappy apps. So here's my thought: list here all the games you loved and no one else played, or you've just never seen a review of. I bet there will be tons of games like that!!!

This part will be a little selfish I was inspired to create this thread by a very positive feedback on my game, here in the forum (check out this thread). While this is a great thing for a developer to hear such things about his creation, this frustrates me even more that the game is not selling (at all!). So let me start the list:

Ball Fill - Simple and addictive 'filling' game. Not the best game ever, but a great value for $1!

Eye Cog Games: "Our mission is to create fun 2d games!"
Follow us on twitter & facebook
and/or read our blog
04-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec

04-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Rich Diamond.

A puzzle game much like Captured. Probably passed over because the graphics look rough. 300 levels of puzzle goodness. 2.99 well-spent, imo.
04-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Num Fight - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306658566&mt=8

I don't think theres even a thread on it here, but its a very fun strategic numbers game, you select numbers from the grid to outscore your opponent. Sounds simple but its not as easy as picking the highest number you have to plan your moves 2-3 turns ahead kinda feels like chess that way and I like that. Theres other twists on the grid as well that make things interesting.

There are also different modes such as double move and memory both add a different fun experience. The AI can be very challenging and smart which is good.

The graphics are pretty basic and theres really not much sound but this game is really fun for a game so buried on the app store.
04-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Cog View Post
as a result of searching for something else, and you simply LOVED the game?
2 days ago searching "Underworlds" I found "Underworld", a location-based "trading MMOG".

04-24-2009, 04:59 AM
I once bought a small game called Zen Bound

No one would have heard of it before, but it is quite a good game.. One or two review sites have rated it highly

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
04-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
I once bought a small game called Zen Bound

No one would have heard of it before, but it is quite a good game.. One or two review sites have rated it highly
It got 7 perfect 10/10 ratings from review sites with a review average of 9.59. Deservedly so.

Games Uncovered: The best iPhone gaming news and reviews.
www.gamesuncovered.com
twitter.com/gamesuncovered
youtube.com/gamesuncovered
04-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Must every thread mention Zen Bound? It's almost like a religion to some of you.
04-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Jugen - just 1$

It's an extremely nice game with extraordinary music (old chinese music)

You have a red ball and must kick the other (blue) balls out of the table. About 39 Levels (or more).
There's also a lite version you can try out