Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-05-2011, 10:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Btw, does every successful action of your character earn JP equally for his/her jobs? I keep feeling like I'm earning JP too slowly..
Every action earns about equally, I think. The only exception is when you land the killing blow on an enemy-- you get about twice the XP and a little more JP.

Also! You get JP and XP from attacking your own teammates. I bought a ton of potions and I just have my people whacking each other endlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Wait so how do you change your job?
From the map screen, menu >> Party Roster >> Menu >> Job
Quote:
Originally Posted by naru44 View Post
Can someone help me i have played the advance version but I really dont get the job leveling system. I am a level 2 squire but I cant change in to a knight. And my chemist leveled up and i looked at the roster and the roster says he is level up and when i push the button whith the job list it says he is a squire lv 2 i just dont get it. The weirdest thing is i know where the jobs are is just cant select them to change can someone pls help.

Never mind i found out how.
There's a difference between character level and job level...
Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeater42 View Post
I'm Saying that if there not going to have retina they had no reason to not fully support it for all devises.
Graphics aren't the only thing that factors in here. The PSP version had major slowdown issues, and it definitely was not because of the graphics. The lack of support is probably due to lag.

Of course, they could fix the lag, but that would take much more effort and time.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
But why should you have to? Square have shown with the three Final Fantasy games that they're more than capable of improving a game during the porting process. So why only with some games? I didn't buy Secret of Mana because of the substandard port (I've still got my SNES copy of it, so why wouldn't I just play that instead?) and, sadly for me, I'm now unsure about this.

If the port had been great I'd have bought it instantly. Now I'll probably wait and see if anything changes in updates (or I get to play it, and decide, for myself on someone else's 'phone, which is extremely unlikely).

Great game or good port only seems to exist in the minds of Square. A good port should be the absolute minimum when you're asking people to pay (a fair amount of) money.
I wouldn't call Secret of Mana a substandard port. All the background tiles that make up the graphics have been re-drawn in higher resolution. Many of the sprites are in a slightly higher-than-SNES resolution. The menus have new artwork. There are lighting effects on the water and some new animations like a water ripple. The color pallet is much higher and the game is in widescreen. The autosave helps a lot. I was under the impression it was no different than the SNES game, it doesn't look a whole lot different at first glance and the character portraits are low-res. But I wouldn't call it substandard IMO. It didn't get the full FF1&2 treatment but those are actually PSP ports (and run better on the PSP although I prefer having them on my phone). It's still cheaper than the Wii VC version which is a straight-up emulation.

FFT is a pretty deep game. The lack of retina support doesn't necessarily mean it should support all devices (SFIV Volt doesn't either). Menus and cut scenes aside, the core of the game is a PS1 emulator. PSP's resolution is similar to 3GS. Re-drawing the art assets would require porting the original and starting from scratch. I doubt that such a project would've been greenlit. Maybe, just maybe though if it sells well enough they will do just that. I'm just happy to have it on my phone since it's always with me.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:48 PM

Default VERY crash-y on iPad2 running iOS 4.3.3

Probably crashes 10x per hour of gameplay. Functionally, it's not a problem because of how autosave has been implemented, but it's a royal (ha!) pain.

I guess I should have waited for the privilege of paying more for the HD version.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:00 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by faehnlak View Post
Probably crashes 10x per hour of gameplay. Functionally, it's not a problem because of how autosave has been implemented, but it's a royal (ha!) pain.

I guess I should have waited for the privilege of paying more for the HD version.
We don't know for certain that the HD version will be more expensive. If you have an iPad 2, why in the world would one buy a version of the game that is running at 480x320 and isn't optimized for the iPad?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default .

I'll hand SE 16$ when they remake FF6 and actually give a $hit about it. It's a port of a port, and the effort isn't there. Provide me with something different that I can't play on a laptop emulator and I'll give you $30.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 PM
iPhone 5s

SE could you remove those borders from top and bottom of the screen?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arq24 View Post
SE could you remove those borders from top and bottom of the screen?
Sure, as long as you don't mind losing the content from the left and right edges of the screen.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Quite disappointed by this port.
Have been waiting for ages to finally earning this...
Im playing on a 3rd gen Itouch, and thats not really enjoyable, way too much slowdowns, even worse than Psp.
I mean, Square have delayed the game again and again, pretending to fix the lagg and whatever... and finally we got this? WOW. Just wondering what kind of crap that would be if they realeased it the first time.

The game is so good, thats just a shame they totally fuked this port.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:08 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I too am very disappointed in this port. It feels like the whole thing was slapped together and rushed out the door. Slowdowns (on an iPhone 4), poor UI, blurry text, cumbersome menus, and my absolute least favorite thing of all so far: Save issues!!

Please tell me, for the love of god, why can I not load a save game from the main menu??? I died on the 3rd mission and all I want to do is load my save from before I started it, but I was booted back to the main menu and when I go to continue, it takes me to the last move I made before I died. The only way I can think of to load my game is to start the WHOLE GAME OVER, play through the first two missions (not to mention get through all the non-skippable dialogue) until I unlock the world map so that I can access my save games, which takes around 20 minutes or so. Really??? I am incredibly frustrated right now, to say the least.

Seriously, I'm a huge Square and FFT fan and I've been patiently awaiting this release for over a year and when it finally comes out and i fork over a premium $16 I'm greeted with these ridiculous issues. And looking at Square's track record for patches and updates, I figure I'm going to be waiting a long time for these issues to be fixed, if they even do get fixed, which wouldn't surprise me if they don't.