Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #781  
Old 08-01-2012, 08:44 PM
chaotixzero chaotixzero is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Again, that "search this thread" feature isn't there to just look pretty...

Save BEFORE the final battle. When you beat the game it will say that new items are available in the Poachers Den. Reload your save data and there will be the onion equipment amongst other new gear.
Thanks for the tip and the patients lol. Do u have any tips i have been playing for about 4 hours nd i have remza at lvl 5 and everyone else at lvl 3 i feel bad for myself lol but yeah i just finished the fitst dorter fight ( dont no if there are anymore to come during the story) and i really want to get everyone up to lvl 10 befor the next fight. I also have decided how im gonna build my characters througout the game in case u need to know that.
Reply With Quote
  #782  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:55 AM
GeekyDad GeekyDad is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,173
Default

Well, finished it for the first time last night, and this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Some of the actual gameplay mechanics I think are a bit archaic, but the story -- wow!

Starting a new game today.
Reply With Quote
  #783  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Blackharon's Avatar
Blackharon Blackharon is offline
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Starting a new game today.
Signs of a great game right there.
Reply With Quote
  #784  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:08 PM
chaotixzero chaotixzero is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotixzero View Post
Thanks for the tip and the patients lol. Do u have any tips i have been playing for about 4 hours nd i have remza at lvl 5 and everyone else at lvl 3 i feel bad for myself lol but yeah i just finished the fitst dorter fight ( dont no if there are anymore to come during the story) and i really want to get everyone up to lvl 10 befor the next fight. I also have decided how im gonna build my characters througout the game in case u need to know that.
Can someone Please answer my question?
Reply With Quote
  #785  
Old 08-04-2012, 05:17 PM
GeekyDad GeekyDad is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotixzero View Post
Can someone Please answer my question?
Well, at that early stage in the game, you only have two areas where you can grind. So...get to grinding. There's no other real advice to offer. Try to keep everyone either a squire and/or a chemist until everyone has focus, JP boost, and auto-potion (though auto-potion for everyone isn't completely necessary). With focus, you can wipe out all of the monsters except one on a single battlefield, and then surround the monster; at that point, just keep casting focus and stay healed until you feel you've earned enough JP to get the abilities you want. I wouldn't concern myself too much with your actual character levels so much as the abilities you have. When you're ready to move on to the Dorter Slums, I recommend a knight or two and at least two characters with auto-potion. Follow Delita and Argath along their path and keep them healed, simply because they're useful during the battle.
Reply With Quote
  #786  
Old 08-05-2012, 12:20 PM
chaotixzero chaotixzero is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Well, at that early stage in the game, you only have two areas where you can grind. So...get to grinding. There's no other real advice to offer. Try to keep everyone either a squire and/or a chemist until everyone has focus, JP boost, and auto-potion (though auto-potion for everyone isn't completely necessary). With focus, you can wipe out all of the monsters except one on a single battlefield, and then surround the monster; at that point, just keep casting focus and stay healed until you feel you've earned enough JP to get the abilities you want. I wouldn't concern myself too much with your actual character levels so much as the abilities you have. When you're ready to move on to the Dorter Slums, I recommend a knight or two and at least two characters with auto-potion. Follow Delita and Argath along their path and keep them healed, simply because they're useful during the battle.
Ok thanks for the help I will try that now
Reply With Quote
  #787  
Old 09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
drez drez is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 159
Default

So I finally want to dive into this game but I'm not sure what platform. I have an iPad 2, iPhone 4S and PSP but I"ve heard negatives for all of them. Anybody have any advice on which platform would provide the best experience? I am leaning iPad, but I remember some anger regarding that version so I'm not sure if I should go iPad or PSP. I know this is the iPhone thread, but I figure I'd have more of a response here.
Reply With Quote
  #788  
Old 09-11-2012, 05:02 PM
VeganTnT's Avatar
VeganTnT VeganTnT is offline
Moderator
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
So I finally want to dive into this game but I'm not sure what platform. I have an iPad 2, iPhone 4S and PSP but I"ve heard negatives for all of them. Anybody have any advice on which platform would provide the best experience? I am leaning iPad, but I remember some anger regarding that version so I'm not sure if I should go iPad or PSP. I know this is the iPhone thread, but I figure I'd have more of a response here.
The iPad version is just a blown up version of the iPhone version. I recall some users saying that there was no visible difference between the iPhone version at 2x and the iPad version.

I went with the iPhone version so I could have it on both my iPhone and iPad.

FFT has always had issue with slowdowns during specials in all versions but it was fixed in the iOS version which makes it the most playable version to date, there was also talk of new retina art (that art would take a lot of time but there is no gauruntee of it happening)
Reply With Quote
  #789  
Old 09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
drez drez is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
The iPad version is just a blown up version of the iPhone version. I recall some users saying that there was no visible difference between the iPhone version at 2x and the iPad version.

I went with the iPhone version so I could have it on both my iPhone and iPad.

FFT has always had issue with slowdowns during specials in all versions but it was fixed in the iOS version which makes it the most playable version to date, there was also talk of new retina art (that art would take a lot of time but there is no gauruntee of it happening)
Can anybody confirm the iPad version vs the iPhone version x2? No way I'm spending more $$ and limiting my platform if there isn't an improvement in the look and feel of the iPad specific version.
Reply With Quote
  #790  
Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
VeganTnT's Avatar
VeganTnT VeganTnT is offline
Moderator
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
Can anybody confirm the iPad version vs the iPhone version x2? No way I'm spending more $$ and limiting my platform if there isn't an improvement in the look and feel of the iPad specific version.
Check the AppStore reviews of the HD version if no one can confirm (I don't plan on buying the iPad version to test it ). There are lots of one star reviews complaining that the graphics are identical to iPhone at 2x
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent