App description: [Version 1.2.0]

Refined Graphics
All of the game's unit graphics have been redrawn in high-resolution. Don't miss this chance to play the sharpest, most beautiful FINAL FANTASY TACTICS yet!

Improved Draw Speeds
The graphic drawing processes have been optimized for mobile devices. Say goodbye to choppy motion and crash bugs, and play with the quickest, smoothest abilities effects and animations to date!

iCloud Support
A save slot which allows game data to be saved to iCloud has been added. It is now possible to migrate game data across multiple devices.

----
Important information
Your auto-save data will be erased when you update. Please use the normal save function before performing the update.
---
-Supports iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3rd generation and later devices. For the best experience, play on iPhone 4, iPod touch 4th generation or later devices.
-Runs on iOS 4.0 or later.
-This app is for iPhone, so may not work correctly when played on iPad.
---
[Version 1.1.1]
The following features have been added:
- Added ability to skip cut scenes.
- Other minor bug fixes.

The following updates are planned in order to further improve your enjoyment:
- Higher resolution unit character graphics.
- Added ability to fast-forward battle scenes.
---

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions has arrived for iPhone/iPod touch!

Released as the Final Fantasy series' first tactical RPG in 1997, Final Fantasy Tactics on Playstation went on to sell over 2.4 million copies worldwide. The game grew in popularity upon its re-release in 2007 as Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for the PSP with added features such as new movies, scenarios and Jobs.

Now, in 2011 the game has finally arrived for the iPhone/iPod touch! You can enjoy the game whose story gave life to the world of Ivalice, and whose high strategy battles bring tactical games to a whole new level.

Game features
- Intuitive Touch Screen Controls
The complex tactical game can be effortlessly and intuitively controlled by simply tapping units and menus. Gone is the old method of switching fixed map views - you can now rotate, move and change the size of maps as you please by sliding and pinching.

- Improved Loading Times
Loading times have been improved to get you into the action quicker than ever. What's more, you can even skip certain cut scenes.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
If all you want to do is discuss the price of FFT on iOS (doesnt matter if you are defending or complaining), please do it here instead. Keep this thread limited to actual game impressions only please.

=================================

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

=================================

If all you want to do is discuss the price of FFT on iOS (doesnt matter if you are defending or complaining), please do it here instead. Keep this thread limited to actual game impressions only please.
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM
If you have custom firmware installed on your PSP, I recommend that version, as there's a patch that makes it the best-running and most comprehensive version. But really, it's worth playing on any system.
09-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I have the PSOne classic version on my PSP and its quite playable, there are ocational slowdowns but nothing too serious. And yes, like GeekyDad said it is a wonderful game worthy of experiencing on any platform, so pick whats more convenient to you and enjoy.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion

09-11-2012, 07:50 PM
I can confirm that is no difference between the two. Buying the iPad version when I already had the iPhone version was a big mistake. I would of got more for money money if I just burned it for warmth.
09-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Dark knight is here!!

Whoopy! Here's the dark knight footage dude! I have confirmed that this class is available on IPAD

To have this job you need:
Mastered Knight
Mastered Black Mage
Lv.8 Geomancer
Lv.8 Samurai
Lv.8 Ninja
Lv.8 Dragoon

review

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I made Ramza a dark knight on my first playthrough, but I can't say it was worth the trouble.
09-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Man this game drains my iphone 4s battery super fast. I go from 100% to 74% in about 40 mines lol. is this normal?
09-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Yeah, I made Ramza a dark knight on my first playthrough, but I can't say it was worth the trouble.
Why do you say that. I was thinking about getting back into this game, I deleted it to make room twewy. Is the game worth it in your option?
09-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
Why do you say that. I was thinking about getting back into this game, I deleted it to make room twewy. Is the game worth it in your option?
The game is absolutely worth it -- easily one of the best games I've played in my 35 years of daily gaming. The dark-knight job, though -- it's cool, but man, you have to grind a lot of skill points to level up all the other requisite jobs to unlock dark knight, and honestly, the abilities and power aren't as good as Cid's, as far as I can tell. I mean, I'm glad I did it just to see what it was all about -- and it was my first playthrough, so I didn't mind -- but I won't bother with it in future playthroughs. Been working toward the arithmetician for Ramza this time around.

In any case, if you haven't played this game, it's a must-buy, no bones about it.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.
09-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I played PSP version few years ago but as i remember you were done with the game long before DK was available. Unless you chose to grind a lot.
09-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemer View Post
I played PSP version few years ago but as i remember you were done with the game long before DK was available. Unless you chose to grind a lot.
I got Ramza up to dk right around the beginning of the fourth chapter, but then, I did spend a good time grinding. To be fair, it was still fun because you were still unlocking a lot of cool abilities. But it all depends on how you pace yourself, I guess.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.