★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM
If you have custom firmware installed on your PSP, I recommend that version, as there's a patch that makes it the best-running and most comprehensive version. But really, it's worth playing on any system.
09-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I have the PSOne classic version on my PSP and its quite playable, there are ocational slowdowns but nothing too serious. And yes, like GeekyDad said it is a wonderful game worthy of experiencing on any platform, so pick whats more convenient to you and enjoy.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion

09-11-2012, 07:50 PM
I can confirm that is no difference between the two. Buying the iPad version when I already had the iPhone version was a big mistake. I would of got more for money money if I just burned it for warmth.
09-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Dark knight is here!!

Whoopy! Here's the dark knight footage dude! I have confirmed that this class is available on IPAD

To have this job you need:
Mastered Knight
Mastered Black Mage
Lv.8 Geomancer
Lv.8 Samurai
Lv.8 Ninja
Lv.8 Dragoon

review

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I made Ramza a dark knight on my first playthrough, but I can't say it was worth the trouble.
09-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Man this game drains my iphone 4s battery super fast. I go from 100% to 74% in about 40 mines lol. is this normal?
09-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Yeah, I made Ramza a dark knight on my first playthrough, but I can't say it was worth the trouble.
Why do you say that. I was thinking about getting back into this game, I deleted it to make room twewy. Is the game worth it in your option?
09-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
Why do you say that. I was thinking about getting back into this game, I deleted it to make room twewy. Is the game worth it in your option?
The game is absolutely worth it -- easily one of the best games I've played in my 35 years of daily gaming. The dark-knight job, though -- it's cool, but man, you have to grind a lot of skill points to level up all the other requisite jobs to unlock dark knight, and honestly, the abilities and power aren't as good as Cid's, as far as I can tell. I mean, I'm glad I did it just to see what it was all about -- and it was my first playthrough, so I didn't mind -- but I won't bother with it in future playthroughs. Been working toward the arithmetician for Ramza this time around.

In any case, if you haven't played this game, it's a must-buy, no bones about it.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.
09-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I played PSP version few years ago but as i remember you were done with the game long before DK was available. Unless you chose to grind a lot.
09-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemer View Post
I played PSP version few years ago but as i remember you were done with the game long before DK was available. Unless you chose to grind a lot.
I got Ramza up to dk right around the beginning of the fourth chapter, but then, I did spend a good time grinding. To be fair, it was still fun because you were still unlocking a lot of cool abilities. But it all depends on how you pace yourself, I guess.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.