Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-21-2012, 07:34 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

It's worth the grind to check out the DK but either you do it too early and the game becomes too easy apart from random encounters, or you do it too late, at which point 'Thunder God'.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hey if anyone from SE sees this, please consider bringing FFT Advance to iOS. It was my first FF game and I'd love to play it again! I'd definitely pay your high price for that one.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:20 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

As many of you probably realize, final fantasy tactics wotl is on sale for 7.99 right now.
I was wondering if that makes the game more reasonable price to performance-wise. I've played ff tactics advance, and I loved it.
I had been wanting to get it but wanted to wait for a sale, so I think I might snag it.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:09 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Your question is unnecessarily vague, but I think I get what you're asking. To answer your question, FFT is a bargain at the full $15.99; at $7.99, you shouldn't even be asking if it's a decent value -- just buy it.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady3superbwl View Post
As many of you probably realize, final fantasy tactics wotl is on sale for 7.99 right now.
I was wondering if that makes the game more reasonable price to performance-wise. I've played ff tactics advance, and I loved it.
I had been wanting to get it but wanted to wait for a sale, so I think I might snag it.
I too have played ff tactics advanced and even advanced 2 on the DS. I also bought this onsale, but before this i had the ps1 and psp version.The thing is, this game is great. Like. Super duper great, tactics advance is just a small , slightly broken taste of what the original is like, but if you liked it then you will like this also. One big word of warning is that you shouldn't expect to jump in a play and get everything straight away, the control works but you need to adapt to it, and the mechanic is much deeper then advance and will require you to take your time to learn also.

TL;DR
If you are willing to invest your time as effort into learning and understanding the game, you will have an amazing time.

ps. if you have a DS, I recommend searching for FF tactics a2, this is the kind of game that will require a lot less effort from you and is still fun..
Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady3superbwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Your question is unnecessarily vague, but I think I get what you're asking. To answer your question, FFT is a bargain at the full $15.99; at $7.99, you shouldn't even be asking if it's a decent value -- just buy it.
I would agree that if you're even considering it, grab it while it's on sale. But I'm also going to add that since advanced was mentioned, your experience may vary.

Honestly, I love FFTA more than FFT. It could be when I originally played each, I don't know. But I know I've replayed FFTA multiple times and enjoyed it greatly. FFT felt like a much more plain experience to me(I played it a couple years later for the first time). I don't mean in content etc, but I guess I just prefer the overall atmosphere of FFTA.

It's certainly great game, though. And I definitely recommend it to fans of the genre. I'm quite certain that a great many have the opposite viewpoint and greatly prefer the original Tactics, so I'm not trying to put it down. Just giving my opinion as someone who played FFTA first.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Thanks for all the answers guys! Sorry for the vagueness of the question(it was 4 am haha. I'm gonna download it right now.
@enternexus I was actually considering picking that game up soon.

Last edited by brady3superbwl; 12-21-2012 at 11:02 AM..
Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

How does this game run on the iphone5? Hearing a lot of negative reviews on the app store so I just wanted to make sure.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

FFT will be released on Android, and the iOS version will be getting a new visual update soon. Screenshot courtesy of Famitsu:

Hopefully iPhone 5 widescreen support is added too.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

No more blurrvision?!? Hooray! I might actually be able to play it after all this time if there are no more associated headaches.