Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-08-2011, 06:09 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Haven't read through the entire thread so don't know if this has been suggested, however I was thinking about another mode where you played as the monster(s) chasing the temple robber - this would mean a different set of power-ups that allowed you to bring the human closer to you, e.g. setting up traps that slowed him down, or calling upon the gods/elements to somehow negatively affect the runner. I think the existing mode is great already so please don't change it too much! ;-)
Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM

oh man that right there would be awesome! I second the monster mode! I love this game can't stop playing it!

Last edited by Setake; 08-08-2011 at 08:52 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 08:52 PM

Edit: I just thought of another great idea! instead of havin the different characters be unbalanced by having character specific skills', you can make it so that each character must 'level up'. For example, the way I'm currently playing my game is that I only have to magnet and the triple coin updates activated. That way, everytime I get a bonus in game, I'm guaranteed to get the magnet no matter what. So basically the way I'm playing it allows me to get a higher score because the magnet is a point booster. However, if you allow me to have a different character, I could tailor it for running the distance by only activating the invisible power up. Similarly, you can also make new upgrades that tailor to different achievements with the different new modes that you create. So if you make a monster mode, you can also include an upgrade in the shop that allows you to run faster to catch the runner. This way, you will always have new character to level up and to tailor for each game mode.

Edit 2: so you can also make different leaderboards for distance and points and speed of catching the runner etc.

Last edited by Setake; 08-08-2011 at 09:01 PM..
Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Broke down and bought this. Looks so fun. Having fun now.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

This game's the best endless runner out there. Just purchased this morning and it's been quite fun. Howeever, that doesn't mean I haven't come up with some ideas . When I first saw the 'monster mode' idea that Ataloss suggested, i immediately thought of one thing (that is, if this is a possible addition i mean): multiplayer. Can you imagine how fun that would be!!! But I think the best way you could do it with Monster Mode is to use checkpoints. E.g. if you reach the human in time, you got him. If you don't, you lose. Some tweaking there, but I think that it's an awesome idea. Then I also thought of something else: what's the purpose of this idol thing. Does it do anything? What if, say at 5,000 meters (or more) it can activate, causing you to move the exact opposite of where you plan on going. E.g. if you slide, you jump. If you turn left, you go right. Also: one of the things I found cool was the variety. Loving that, and hope there's more to come
Old 08-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

All right, thinking of breaking down and getting this thanks to all the positive feedback here. I was hesitent at first because of endless-runner overload. Anyone else care to convince me that it's worthy of adding to the zillions of others that I have/tried?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:53 PM
iPad

What's New in Version 1.1
Quote:
Wow, thank you all so much for making Temple Run a huge hit! We've read all your reviews and heard all of your suggestions, and we are planning on updating Temple Run more in the future to include lots of great new content!

This is just a quick update for now:

- We fixed the bug in the Stats display. Longest Run and Total Distance will now show the correct values.

Also, we added a couple of new objectives to achieve and increase your multiplier!
- The Mega Bonus Objective
- The Resurrection Objective
- The Double Resurrection objective

We love hearing all your ideas and feedback! You can leave your feedback in the reviews, or you can find us on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Temple...15459165171017

And of course, you can always email us at support@imangistudios.com.

Happy Running!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:57 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

Just bought this today and an update already?

hmm nothing major though
Old 08-10-2011, 04:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
All right, thinking of breaking down and getting this thanks to all the positive feedback here. I was hesitent at first because of endless-runner overload. Anyone else care to convince me that it's worthy of adding to the zillions of others that I have/tried?
I'm in the same boat. I'm finding myself swayed a bit by the accolades... but I've never really gotten that much into any running game, and all of them I lose interest in in a week or two. So hopefully somebody can stop me from pulling the trigger in spite of myself, as I know that's what's going to happen again. Sigh.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
iPad

Both of you buy the game RIGHT NOW!!!

Seriously, you got bored after a week or two with other running games? What else do you want from a 99cents game

Anyways, its worth it. At worst, you'll find out its not but you'll also know whom not to listen from now on (ie me, IF you didnt like the game). 99cents spent well in either case dont you think.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-10-2011 at 04:17 PM..