Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-19-2011, 04:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

There's now NO excuse not to get it!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This game is awesome! Imangi has done it again! Definitely the most creative endless runner I've played in a while!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:46 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I picked it up while free and yes it's fun. Probably one of the more challenging running games I've played too.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:47 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Really nice game. Fast-paced, easy to learn, makes you want to play again. Nice in-game graphics, great art style in the menus (especially the death screens, objective lists etc. - the main menu is not as "great".)

I think a few challenge modes would be nice: shorter games where you try to beat your previous best without multiplier modifications. Just an example: trying to set a high score in 30 seconds where the scoring depends on many things that you can improve (etc.)

Personal request: I think the swamp texture could be bit more detailed without challenging the machine much. I think it takes away from the general graphics. Maybe some motion? some mist/smoke? or even just more varied texture? I like the garphics other than that. Also, I'm pretty sure you won't be doing this one but some sort of death animation would be better than the runner going invisible. Maybe he quickly turns into a skeleton? It is obvious that you chose not to spend some time there and I think you can hide that fact with a simple trick.

Good game, recommend to everybody
Good luck
Old 09-21-2011, 10:50 AM

You know, the one thing that I think is lacking in this game is the sound... I mean the sound effects are good and all, but the music is just mediocre.

Just my thoughts...

Great game though!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

a bunch of angry apes are chasing after me. hmm... just like in real life

sweet game
Old 09-21-2011, 03:13 PM

#2 Top Free in the US! <---- (Temple Run icon face)

Thanks to everyone for picking it up. It's great you guys are enjoying it. Tell your friends! Get us to #1!

We're working on the next update already. Got some new characters and bug fixes coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainFrame View Post
Is this game made with Unity?
No, we developed our own 3D engine. It's the same engine we used in our other games (Max Adventure, Harbor Master, Little Red Sled).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceka View Post
Really nice game. Fast-paced, easy to learn, makes you want to play again. Nice in-game graphics, great art style in the menus (especially the death screens, objective lists etc. - the main menu is not as "great".)

I think a few challenge modes would be nice: shorter games where you try to beat your previous best without multiplier modifications. Just an example: trying to set a high score in 30 seconds where the scoring depends on many things that you can improve (etc.)

Personal request: I think the swamp texture could be bit more detailed without challenging the machine much. I think it takes away from the general graphics. Maybe some motion? some mist/smoke? or even just more varied texture? I like the garphics other than that. Also, I'm pretty sure you won't be doing this one but some sort of death animation would be better than the runner going invisible. Maybe he quickly turns into a skeleton? It is obvious that you chose not to spend some time there and I think you can hide that fact with a simple trick.

Good game, recommend to everybody
Good luck
Cool ideas, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
You know, the one thing that I think is lacking in this game is the sound... I mean the sound effects are good and all, but the music is just mediocre.

Just my thoughts...

Great game though!
I actually wrote about 3 different soundtracks for the game, and none of them worked. None of them fit in with the theme well enough, and since the game is so fast paced, hearing music over and over again in the background when your adrenaline is so high got annoying. It was driving me absolutely crazy. That's why we decided to go with the drumbeats in the end. It gives it a sense of pace and excitement, has that adventure/jungle vibe, but doesn't get annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
a bunch of angry apes are chasing after me. hmm... just like in real life

sweet game
Haha - so what do you do for a living? Sounds exciting
Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I love the soundtrack great work guys!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylux View Post
#2 Top Free in the US! <---- (Temple Run icon face)

I actually wrote about 3 different soundtracks for the game, and none of them worked. None of them fit in with the theme well enough, and since the game is so fast paced, hearing music over and over again in the background when your adrenaline is so high got annoying. It was driving me absolutely crazy. That's why we decided to go with the drumbeats in the end. It gives it a sense of pace and excitement, has that adventure/jungle vibe, but doesn't get annoying.
Awesome about #2 Top Free!!!!!

Ahhh, I see. Well, you know best! haha Still an awesome game!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
I love the soundtrack great work guys!!!
Haha thanks, glad all my suffering was not for naught!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Awesome about #2 Top Free!!!!!

Ahhh, I see. Well, you know best! haha Still an awesome game!
Thanks! And don't worry, I definitely appreciate the input. Somehow this was our hardest game to score so far.