Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I think they should add asynch just to make the asynch or death people happy. But please keep it possible to create games that are live, and clearly listed as such. The worst thing will be if those of us who want to play games live, can't, because every time we try to start a game, one or more players disappear after a turn or two.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I think they should add asynch just to make the asynch or death people happy. But please keep it possible to create games that are live, and clearly listed as such. The worst thing will be if those of us who want to play games live, can't, because every time we try to start a game, one or more players disappear after a turn or two.
I'm one of the async wanters and I completely agree. Even with Ascension, I wish I could create a game and flag it as quick play or slow play. Then I might be willing to play with more random folks.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Enough with async.

Dev - I am running into an annoying bug! There are cases that if I grab the cit hall early, sometimes when I build a wharf, it ends up in somebody else's city!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Dev - I am running into an annoying bug! There are cases that if I grab the cit hall early, sometimes when I build a wharf, it ends up in somebody else's city!!!
I ran into something like this last night with a Wharf. At first I thought it went to another player, but then I noticed the icon was down in the lower right of the screen floating in the ocean. I undid my turn and tried again with the same result. So I continued on to see what would happen, and in the next shipping phase it was actually functional. I was able to use the wharf by poking the icon down there in the water instead of the spot where it should have landed in my city.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by doliver View Post
I ran into something like this last night with a Wharf. At first I thought it went to another player, but then I noticed the icon was down in the lower right of the screen floating in the ocean. I undid my turn and tried again with the same result. So I continued on to see what would happen, and in the next shipping phase it was actually functional. I was able to use the wharf by poking the icon down there in the water instead of the spot where it should have landed in my city.
I tried exit and resume the game and my wharf was there! So the bug us about displacement if the icon.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I finally dove into this game for real and while I stink, after a game, I jumped into a 3 player online game no problem (auto match only took 15 seconds or so). Alas, ---jordo--- disappeared after several rounds. One thing that would help immensely with this would be in-game chat. If you have to run off for a sec (aka "pee") you could say, "Be right back!", so the players aren't left wondering what happened. I don't know if that's what happened here, but the game just sat there for several minutes before I mostly gave up, checked on another game and came back and found the other player had exited, no doubt due to the long wait.

In-game chat seems like a pretty essential feature for live online play especially. Also stuff like stats and online player reps, with loss of rep for abandoning a game.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I finally dove into this game for real and while I stink, after a game, I jumped into a 3 player online game no problem (auto match only took 15 seconds or so). Alas, ---jordo--- disappeared after several rounds. One thing that would help immensely with this would be in-game chat. If you have to run off for a sec (aka "pee") you could say, "Be right back!", so the players aren't left wondering what happened. I don't know if that's what happened here, but the game just sat there for several minutes before I mostly gave up, checked on another game and came back and found the other player had exited, no doubt due to the long wait.

In-game chat seems like a pretty essential feature for live online play especially. Also stuff like stats and online player reps, with loss of rep for abandoning a game.
I hope this wasn't merely "---jordo---" pulling a sleazy, "wait until all of the other players get tired of waiting and exit the game so I can get another win for the record". I personally HATE having tightly timed turns, but at the same time, am afraid without some sort of timer bad apples will have a field day with this app.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:04 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I'm not crazy about timers, but having a settable timer as an option would be good if I keep running into this problem, but it would also need a real lobby system so you can find games set up the way you want, or put them out there the way you want and have people who want that setup to join. It would also make it clearer that there is an online community out there. Ticket to Ride's online lobby always seems like a pretty bustling place, and that's in part just because you can see it.

To be honest, Ticket to Ride, as far as the online features, puts this game to shame in a big way and for $1 less then even Puerto Rico's supposedly temporary intro price. Either they need to add these features, or they need to lower the price. I'd rather they added a lobby system and in-game chat. At least the in-game chat.

Mind you, I don't regret the purchase. Puerto Rico itself is a great game and I'm happy to have a version of it on my iPad now.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Default Looking for a 4 player game

Looking for a 4 player game tonight at 10pm EDT. I'm on as amn624.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:23 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
Looking for a 4 player game tonight at 10pm EDT. I'm on as amn624.
Yeah. OK. Sure. I'll be there. I suck, so you all will beat up on me.

"Crunc is" for those who don't have me in there already.