Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I'd love to get some impressions from your NZers! As far as the AI - I don't think it's clear whether or not there are different skill levels or personalities (by which I presume you mean AI tactics) from the description above. I would like to hear about that too, but it's certainly not clear that it isn't there.

What I'm more concerned about, though, is is this game as irritating as Codito's previous effort, Tikal, due to bad design? Supposedly Tikal is getting an update that will help with that though, and maybe those efforts rubbed off here. Still, I'm a bit wary until I hear that it's well designed from multiple people. Also obviously I want the online to actually work (unlike Tikal and Ra), but it is encouraging that they switched to GameCenter for the online. Can you play games live online, or is it asynch only? Or is it live only?
In-depth review that answers these questions and more has been posted on BGG.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/39...ew-puerto-rico

Last edited by blindspot; 08-03-2011 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Old 08-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned
iPad

Blindspot beat me to it!

Last edited by enigma2491; 08-03-2011 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Already posted
Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

If you love board games, do yourself a favor and get an iPad. Pick up a 1st gen low-end model, even used. You will thank me later. Well, you'll thank me even more if you get the 2nd gen, but 1st gen is plenty adequate for board games. Aside from iPad-only games, other games which do play on the iPhone are even more awesome on the iPad, especially Carcassonne.

As far as the look... I'm not sure which eyes would see this iPad game as looking better then the real game, but I'd suggest they get glasses.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

The review is encouraging. I'll pick it up, but may wait a day or two and see what more TA folks have to say about it.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:26 PM

Thanks for posting the BGG link blindspot, I hadn't seen that yet. Sounds great!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Default Been waiting a long time for this one.

My most anticipated iPad app yet... If the early bgg impressions are any indication, this is gonna be my favorite game ever. I've been checking the app store for this every day for weeks - so tired of seeing Spanish Marbles come up under search for Puerto Rico Game...
Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 PM

Default Friend me if you wanna play PR

dr. awkward
Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

No async?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:33 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hi everyone - we are more than excited by all the buzz this has been getting around the world! With only a few more hours left before the global launch, we would love to continue to answer your questions.

1. AI: There are various levels of AI, depending on which opponents you choose. When you go to choose the AI you play against, look under their photo on the selection screen and it will say Hard / Medium / Easy.

2. Statistics: You can keep track of your stats, and those of your opponents through the universal standard ELO method which can be found in the player rankings.

3. Async: We thought long and hard about this, and decided to stay true to the board game roots of this game and provide a live multi-player experience instead of a delayed turn based approach. This can be seen in the pass-and-play setup as well, where the board will actually turn on the table to orient itself to face where on the table a player is sitting.

4. Price: The launch sale price is $7.99, but wont last long! The set price for Puerto Rico is $9.99 USD

Happy to answer additional questions as you have them!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:37 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Hi
I have played one game through and am impressed so far. But I selected a new language while fiddling with the options but there is no option to go back to English? Or am I missing something incredibly obvious. Tapping the language icon toggles through all but English?