Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 PM

Finally...now give me Agricola and all will be well in the world
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Dear Publisher,

Will Puerto Rico be released in Hong Kong App Store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensburger View Post
Hi everyone - we are more than excited by all the buzz this has been getting around the world! With only a few more hours left before the global launch, we would love to continue to answer your questions.

1. AI: There are various levels of AI, depending on which opponents you choose. When you go to choose the AI you play against, look under their photo on the selection screen and it will say Hard / Medium / Easy.

2. Statistics: You can keep track of your stats, and those of your opponents through the universal standard ELO method which can be found in the player rankings.

3. Async: We thought long and hard about this, and decided to stay true to the board game roots of this game and provide a live multi-player experience instead of a delayed turn based approach. This can be seen in the pass-and-play setup as well, where the board will actually turn on the table to orient itself to face where on the table a player is sitting.

4. Price: The launch sale price is $7.99, but wont last long! The set price for Puerto Rico is $9.99 USD

Happy to answer additional questions as you have them!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:42 PM

I am taking the liberty and answer that on behalf: yes, it is already in HK Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/puerto-rico-hd/id438437326?mt=8

Also, when will the intro sales end?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Was excited for this but decided to wait to see if they eventually put in async, staying true to the roots is cool, but so is bein able to play the game when you have the time, and having multiple games going at once. I don't have the time to dedicate to sitting down and playing a whole game at once, I guess this would be alright for people who already spen time playing board games for real, but is no longer appealing to me.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:55 PM

For board games and card games, the async play (or PBEM for old schoolers) is a beauty to include. And this is what makes computer board games stand out from their physical counterpart...
Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
For board games and card games, the async play (or PBEM for old schoolers) is a beauty to include. And this is what makes computer board games stand out from their physical counterpart...
Agreed! Please consider async play in a future update! For me, games like Carcassonne, Samurai and Ascension will always get played before games like Ticket to Ride. I always have a game of those first three going on, but I have to block off at least 15-20 minutes for Ticket to Ride, which means I'm usually lucky to get in more than a game or two a week of that.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:13 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensburger View Post
3. Async: We thought long and hard about this, and decided to stay true to the board game roots of this game and provide a live multi-player experience instead of a delayed turn based approach. This can be seen in the pass-and-play setup as well, where the board will actually turn on the table to orient itself to face where on the table a player is sitting.
Bad choice. I'll keep my money and continue to play Carcassonne and Ascension. I hope you reconsider.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:06 AM

The tutorial is ok, but as someone who has never played before I still feel pretty lost after playing the tutorial and my first game. There's a lot to absorb all at once. I'm hoping a second trip thru the tutorial will help.

Is the fact that you can only see how many victory points an opponent has while they are acting intentional? It seems like an odd decision.

I think I'm going to like it once I have a better grip on things.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Coming from apposition of nit liking async play, I niw think it is folly to release a board game WITHOUT it.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Puerto Rico is one of the best board games ever made.