Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-04-2011, 10:29 AM
iPad 2

Default same language problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Hi
I have played one game through and am impressed so far. But I selected a new language while fiddling with the options but there is no option to go back to English? Or am I missing something incredibly obvious. Tapping the language icon toggles through all but English?
Me too!
Once you change the language, it is impossible to go back to English.
We are not amused!

By Gorky

Last edited by gorky; 08-04-2011 at 11:21 AM..
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Hey crunc, if you look at the buildings, many actually have little icons that tell what they are. Like the production buildings have the symbol for indigo, sugar, etc and the marketplaces say +1 or +2.
Ah, somehow I missed that. I think I was just overwhelmed by the tutorial... and perhaps a bit tired seeing how it was around 1 in the morning. It is overwhelming a bit, though. I'm sure it will get easier as I go.

Also, that language bit is something. I will try not to touch that button. Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully they fix that ASAP.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hello everyone,

Happy to see the respones and dialog this is creating!

A few additional notes:

1. The language bug. Seems this one slipped past the beta testing team. With a game with this many features and rules, some times things happen. Codito is working hard to get this fixed and we will have it solved in the next update. For now - if you happen to switch off of English and want to get back to it, erase and reload the game onto your iPad and it will work.

2. Async - Apple's Game Center does not support Aysnc play. We will consider adding it when it does.

3. We saw a comment about what the building do - please note there is an arrow at the top when it is time to build where you can slide the drawer out and get full explanations of what each building does. There is also a x# that shows how many of each building are left and the building is faded out if it is sold out or you do not have the funds to purchase it.

Keep the feedback coming!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Duke, what ismyour verdict on this one?
I ave to pick this or ghost stories .... Cannot afford both and I am also tempted by the frog thing (I just forget the name all the time)
Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Ah, somehow I missed that. I think I was just overwhelmed by the tutorial... and perhaps a bit tired seeing how it was around 1 in the morning. It is overwhelming a bit, though. I'm sure it will get easier as I go.

Also, that language bit is something. I will try not to touch that button. Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully they fix that ASAP.
Yeah, I didn't notice it at first either. I agree about the tutorial feeling overwhelming. There's a lot to learn.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:56 AM

Default great game

Newbie to this game. Gotta say it plays great, looks great I think condito's best effort to date. I played the tutorial and was overwhelmed and then found this video from board games with scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1NY3avotc

It's over 30 mins long and uses a different version of the game, but after playing the tutorial and watching this the game didn't seem as difficult to figure out.....in fact came in 2nd in my first game

Good Job! Still learning, but it's fun!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Duke, what ismyour verdict on this one?
I ave to pick this or ghost stories .... Cannot afford both and I am also tempted by the frog thing (I just forget the name all the time)
Not Duke, but my .02

These are really different games, obviously, but both are rather complex. If you are looking for a solitaire game, I would say Ghost Stories. The solo play really feels like a solo game rather than you plus several AI. If you prefer a game where luck plays as small a role as possible, go with Puerto Rico. One other thing to consider is that PR will be going up in price by 2 dollars, so if money is tight and you want to get both eventually, it might make sense to get PR first.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:24 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Who Wants to Play Online?

How many of you have tried online games so far? We have just created a Facebook page for Ravenburger Digital and would love it if people could like it and post their Game Center ID's for people to setup a game and play!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ravens...32078196882622
Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensburger View Post
2. Async - Apple's Game Center does not support Aysnc play. We will consider adding it when it does.
This is good enough for me...for now.

Like the Dukester says, developers have limited resources and have to make choices about what to include or exclude in the scope of each app release. We all know that iOS5 is going to get improvements in the Fall that might help make async very easy to do for turn-based apps with Game Center support.

Here's an important point about async. If 4 friends and I can get together one time to play Puerto Rico but for only 20 minutes (cuz it's always likely someone will have to bail out early), async would allow us all to come back to it at a later time in the future and finish it up in realtime. You can't do that if you don't have async. Somehow it often gets assumed that people who want async ONLY want it to take one turn at a time. And while one's tolerance to endure that kind of experience will be debated endlessly, there are other uses for an async capability.

To put it simply, async = "save game" for online play.

The fact does remain that the very TOP and most highly regarded apps do have async as an OPTION for play. Developers who deny this OPTION for those who want it are making a less featured app, plain and simple, and in some cases will be denying themselves additional purchases from those who value async as an option. Of course, it is a calculated risk. And with possible easier async through Game Center coming soon, I think it's a risk worth taking for a developer releasing a game at the present time.

Last edited by blindspot; 08-04-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindspot View Post
This is good enough for me...for now.

Like the Dukester says, developers have limited resources and have to make choices about what to include or exclude in the scope of each app release. We all know that iOS5 is going to get improvements in the Fall that might help make async very easy to do for turn-based apps with Game Center support.

Here's an important point about async. If 4 friends and I can get together one time to play Puerto Rico but for only 20 minutes (cuz it's always likely someone will have to bail out early), async would allow us all to come back to it at a later time in the future and finish it up in realtime. You can't do that if you don't have async. Somehow it often gets assumed that people who want async ONLY want it to take one turn at a time. And while one's tolerance to endure that kind of experience will be debated endlessly, there are other uses for an async capability.

To put it simply, async = "save game" for online play.

The fact does remain that the very TOP and most highly regarded apps do have async as an OPTION for play. Developers who deny this OPTION for those who want it are making a less featured app, plain and simple, and in some cases will be denying themselves additional purchases from those who value async as an option. Of course, it is a calculated risk. And with possible easier async through Game Center coming soon, I think it's a risk worth taking for a developer releasing a game at the present time.
Well said.