Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-03-2011, 09:15 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
Sorry for posting about this one, skip it. Like now...
lol... no worries... it really did look promising... too bad that's all it's got going for it...
Old 08-03-2011, 10:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Lemme go get the tissues... such good graphics wasted. :'(
Pass them over when you're done. Kudos to the artist. What a shame! I got so excited when I saw the screenshots.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I honestly think people are being too hard on this game. The fact that there's no scrolling in itself surely doesn't condemn it? There have been many single screen platformers in the past that are considered classics today. The problem here, is that there isn't really enough to do, and yes the game gets boring. But what I don't get is, why instead of being encouraging and pointing out what needs to be added to what is a great start, (as has been the case with many other app store games in the past) this one is being put down and totally dismissed.

Even something as simple as scattering some collectibles around the levels (coins/flowers/candy) would add a lot to the gameplay. The pace of gameplay could be tweaked. It's possible too, the early levels simply begin too slowly and that's all we get in the lite.

So long as the developers are willing to work on the game a little (and I've no idea if that is the case) it's just beyond me why this game in particular deserves to be written off in the manner evident in preceding posts.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

^Agree with Gabrien 100%.

I dont know why people are being hard on it, granted i did think it was a Mario Land clone at first, on the first screen i thought this is the type of game i want, a great scrolling Mario Land.

But of course i then realised it wasnt, but i love single screen affairs, back in the 80's you had Bubble Bobble, Parasol Stars and many others, classic single screen games. Bomb Jack is a single screen game where you just collect bombs and a power 'pill' to get the baddies over and over.

But i do agree it needs just a bit more variety to spice it up, as mentioned different collectables randomly appearing would be good.

I dont find the gameplay boring, i dont get why people are 'annoyed' that its a single screen game. Again theres many great games which are single screen, doesnt have to be scrolling. Mario Land you could say is simply a sequence of screens where you just jump on the baddies and collect different objects.

Think this one has lots of potential but does need a bit more variety, its nearly there, but different collectables would help.

Some of the screens to me seem rather squashed and 'busy', some old fashioned platforms like the screens in Bubble Bobble would be good. But i'm glad i've bought it, looking forward to an update at some point but i'm playing this one lots at the moment
Old 08-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

WOW you guys are a tough crowd. The developer never stated it was a side scroller panning more than 1 screen. Heck even his screenshots you can see that. This was an assumption by you, and he is getting all this bad press because of it. Personally I played the demo then bought the full game. I think it's pretty fun. I especially like the boss fights at the end of each level too. There are a lot worse things you can do with a dollar.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Gabrien, the problem is that this is not an iPhone original but an Android port, and the same issues were brought up on that version. You'd expect if the developer were interested in improving the game, they would have done so for the iPhone release.

And yes, there are some classic one-screen platformers (my favorite is probably Dark Castle) but I challange you to find any that have levels as small and poorly designed as this one. The reason some people assumed that the game scrolled is because it was hard to believe that such barebones screens could comprise an entire level.

Again, none of this would be worth commenting on if the game didn't get the controls and the jumping so right. If anything, I would encourage the dev to take that and build a real platforming game around it. I frankly don't believe that this one is salvageable.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:07 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Gabrien, the problem is that this is not an iPhone original but an Android port, and the same issues were brought up on that version. You'd expect if the developer were interested in improving the game, they would have done so for the iPhone release.

And yes, there are some classic one-screen platformers (my favorite is probably Dark Castle) but I challange you to find any that have levels as small and poorly designed as this one. The reason some people assumed that the game scrolled is because it was hard to believe that such barebones screens could comprise an entire level.

Again, none of this would be worth commenting on if the game didn't get the controls and the jumping so right. If anything, I would encourage the dev to take that and build a real platforming game around it. I frankly don't believe that this one is salvageable.

Agreed... thank you zero!

You pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about it.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Noone's bashing the game, quite the contrary. Everyone has said that the graphics and controls are awesome and only wished for more in the gameplay. We all said the game had great potential and didn't live up to our expectations after seeing the great artwork. That's being harsh?
Old 08-05-2011, 01:03 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Don't get me wrong, the artwork is amazing. I just wish that it was a better, more ideal platformer and as zero stated, they would've improved the game when they ported it over if they were concerned about the iOS crowd not enjoying it.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Wow. Tried the lite, bought the full.
I don't know why so many people are complaining about the "non-scrolling" levels. This is particularly interesting in the game and the enemies' design is both charming and challenging.

I congratulate the dev, and hope we'll have more updates to the game!