Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-26-2011, 01:13 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I gotta say I really like the music in this game, especially from the 2nd world. There's a lot of memorable melody to it rather than random blips and bloops. Level design is much better as well. Shame about that bad first impression.

Here's a review I found on YouTube.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by arta; 08-26-2011 at 04:52 AM..
Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
I gotta say I really like the music in this game, especially from the 2nd world. There's a lot of memorable melody to it rather than random blips and bloops. Level design is much better as well. Shame about that bad first impression.

YouTube: video
Hey man, thank you very much for that very nice review! I knew it was just a matter of time until someone wonders how to pronounce "Eiswuxe", since it is a german word

I am really happy that you enjoy the music. I was already a bit disappointed since NOBODY seems to care about music in mobile games. But for me, music in video-games is as important as everything else, if not even more. And this counts for mobile games, too. So I'm glad that you point it out in your review.

The thing with the controls really depends on the device. It's very difficult on android since there are so many different models and I don't have every single one to test on.

I will take all your criticism into account for the next game. Now that I have played Bloo Kid after some days of abstinence, I also feel that it might be just a bit too slow.

So thanks again
Old 08-26-2011, 04:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiswuxe View Post
Hey man, thank you very much for that very nice review! I knew it was just a matter of time until someone wonders how to pronounce "Eiswuxe", since it is a german word

I am really happy that you enjoy the music. I was already a bit disappointed since NOBODY seems to care about music in mobile games. But for me, music in video-games is as important as everything else, if not even more. And this counts for mobile games, too. So I'm glad that you point it out in your review.

The thing with the controls really depends on the device. It's very difficult on android since there are so many different models and I don't have every single one to test on.

I will take all your criticism into account for the next game. Now that I have played Bloo Kid after some days of abstinence, I also feel that it might be just a bit too slow.

So thanks again
Whoa hold up I think I might have goofed. I'm not the guy in the video, I just posted it as something TA posters might be interested in. His review is similar to mine though.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:58 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Here's a review I found on YouTube.
Silly me. I was so excited to watch the video that I missed that one out. Then I'll copy and paste the text and mail it to the guy in the video instead
Old 08-26-2011, 05:18 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Silly me. I was so excited to watch the video that I missed that one out. Then I'll copy and paste the text and mail it to the guy in the video instead
I just edited it in so no one else would get confused.

Anyway, any luck making a Lite? How are sales going? Website promotions and reviews?
Old 08-29-2011, 05:46 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

@arta
Sales dropped from 30-50 a day (for some few days) to 0-5 a day. Website promotions and reviews are very scarce. The few that found the game by coincidence wrote about it, but most sites that I emailed along with a promocode did not even respond.
If anyone knows anybody who reviews and writes about iPhone games, please give me a hint

@ninjackid
An update that runs on iPod Touch 2nd gen was submitted and is currently waitin for approval! I will tell you ASAP when it is available.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:29 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
@arta
Sales dropped from 30-50 a day (for some few days) to 0-5 a day. Website promotions and reviews are very scarce. The few that found the game by coincidence wrote about it, but most sites that I emailed along with a promocode did not even respond.
I think the game might have done better if promotion got out a little bit before it came out. Hardly anybody knew about this game coming out on iOS and that's because they stumbled upon the Android version.

Well, just to cover all the sites, send your trailer to TheGameTrail and Appspy on youtube, and send review builds to Appspy, TheGameTrail, Appvee, Pocketgamer.co.uk, Toucharcade, Touchgen, SlideToPlay, 148apps, TheAppera, Touchaholics, gamezebo, modojo, etc. Also if you know anyone who posts at Neogaf, ask then to post about the game trailer in the iPhone thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...34562&page=121

Best I can do for now. It's a little harder to drum up support after a game's release if word of mouth doesn't take. You'll have to get your name out there. Also, you might consider showing your game as well as demo reel to a couple publishers like Chillingo.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:47 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Not sure if this has been mentioned...

This game appears, at a glance, to be inspired by a 1990s Neo Geo game called Blues Journey - Raguy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue's_Journey

Raguy was solid and fun platformer with great music and extra touches.

If Bloo Kid is based on it, that could make for a promising iOS title.

EDIT: After watching the Vid here, this looks more like Raguy meets Snow Bros., another old arcade gem.

Last edited by MisterEd; 08-30-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 02:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

@arta
Thanks for all the hints! I have already written to some of the sites you mentioned, but not all of them. I will give it a try.
You are right, it was not a good idea to release the android version first, then promote android, then release iOS

I will start a thread over at TIGsource for my new game once I got the first video impression done, so people will know about the game before its release.

@MisterEd
The game looks in fact a bit like Blue's Journey (which I know) and even has a similar name. But most of the inspiration came from Bubble Bobble and Parasol Stars. Plus, I collected some screenshots from WonderBoy, SkyBlazer, Liquid Kids, PC gengin, Kirby .... the list goes on and on =)
Old 09-01-2011, 04:04 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Any news on the update that makes this compatible with 2nd gens??