★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pumpkins vs. Monsters $.99 ---> Free

08-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Pumpkins vs. Monsters $.99 ---> Free

I honestly didn't think this was going to be anything great, but after reading some of the reviews I decided to give it a try. It's surprisingly fun! Kind of a combination of match-three games and Plants vs. Zombies. Have to match at least three pumpkins and then smash the monsters with them. And there's powerup weapons like dynamite if things get hairy.

Anyway, thought it was worthy of passing it on:

08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
there's another game just like this... you throw eggs at chickens or something...

sorry... I really don't want to go through all 4k of my games just to find the name of one... =oP

08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
there's another game just like this... you throw eggs at chickens or something...

sorry... I really don't want to go through all 4k of my games just to find the name of one... =oP
No problem. I hadn't played that one. But enjoying this one so far and it's pretty polished. Gets pretty tough after the first 10 or so levels.
08-03-2011, 08:20 PM
lol

EGG VS CHICKEN - it's free too... if you like this, you might want to check out that one... it's pretty much the same thing with a different skin... =oP

oh yeah... except it's 100MB
08-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
lol

EGG VS CHICKEN - it's free too... if you like this, you might want to check out that one... it's pretty much the same thing with a different skin... =oP

oh yeah... except it's 100MB
Well, that last part kills it for me. Like that this is only 8.7 MB!
08-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Haha. Egg vs chicken is sort of a running joke on TA. The file is 100mb but that's just the tip of the iceberg because when on the device it is closer to 300mb. It's the worst game in app store in terms of "bang for your megs", IMHO. And it's actually not that bad of a game - just poorly engineered
08-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
Haha. Egg vs chicken is sort of a running joke on TA. The file is 100mb but that's just the tip of the iceberg because when on the device it is closer to 300mb. It's the worst game in app store in terms of "bang for your megs", IMHO. And it's actually not that bad of a game - just poorly engineered
I actually like it better than this one, but only because I'm colorblind, and the eggs are easier to tell apart than the pumpkins...but yeah, not a 300MB game by any stretch of the imagination.

I wish developers would take red/green colorblindness into account, particularly on puzzle games which are always the worst offenders.
08-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
=o/

had no idea...
08-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
=o/

had no idea...
i'm assuming that you're talking about the 300mb part? oh yeah, it's three grand when it's on the device. if you still have the game in your itunes library, you can check the file size there by yourself.

it's horrifying.
08-04-2011, 09:18 AM
That's pretty sad. I'm liking this game, but there's no way in hell that I would give up 300 MB of space for it. I could put Dead Space on my iPod Touch with that kind of space. For a casual game, I usually don't like more than 30 MB.

Not sure if Egg vs. Chicken is any better, but I'm impressed with what this developer was able to put in with under 10 MB.