★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I Need Your Opinions on My Game's Character Name

View Poll Results: Choose the best names for these three cute animals
Haden 💩💩💩💩 1 33.33%
Wren 💩💩 1 33.33%
Sarki 1 33.33%
Kelii 0 0%
Pipwing 1 33.33%
Pip 0 0%
Kip 1 33.33%
None 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll
08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I Need Your Opinions on My Game's Character Name

There are three characters in my game. I temporarily name them Piggy, Birdie, Coy.

Story:
What it would be like if this world loses its colors? Horrible, right? But, this was exactly what happened to a legendary Avelon.
Once upon a time, there were three passionate painters - Piggy, Birdie and Coy, living in a happy island. They were painting colors for all creatures day after day to make the island become a colorful Utopia.
But one day, a monster used a strange wind blowing away all the colors there, then the whole world became murky. All the creatures got startled, angered and sad.
In order to save the island and recover its colors, the three painters started their journey to search for the lost colors. Once they collected a sort of color, their homeland would recover a part.

Nevertheless, this rescue journey meant a lot of dangers and challenges to the three guys. They had to use their wisdom, skills and teamwork to get across various obstacles and conquer evil monsters…

Characters:

Birdie: a tiny bird, who is aggressive and the key one (the leader) of the three guys
Piggy: a little piggy, who looks cool and can jump high
Coy: a big cow, who looks ponderous but anthomaniac, and can push heavy stones

I want to give an appropriate name to each of them in terms of their indivisual characteristics and images.

There are some proposals:
For birdie: Wren, Haden, (Captain) Sarki, Kelii, Pipwing, Pip, Kip
For piggy: Hori, Zaza, Vito, Curvet, Jump, Steezy, Skip
For cow: Birlie, Birly, Archer, Samson, Hercules, Chadwick, Aindriu, Slip

Last edited by Eupatria; 08-05-2011 at 03:20 AM.
08-03-2011, 10:20 PM
How about Chirp, Snort and Moo? Drumstick, Bacon and T-Bone?

08-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
How about Chirp, Snort and Moo? Drumstick, Bacon and T-Bone?
Can you explain why you choose them?
08-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eupatria View Post
The first set is the sounds they make,
second set is the type of meat they produce...

and please don't keep birdie, piggy and coy (I know, it's temporary)
08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eupatria View Post
Sounds the particular animals make and cuts of meat from the particular animals in question? It's hard to come up with anything less generic without any artwork or background info to go on.

Last edited by Spamcan; 08-03-2011 at 11:00 PM.
08-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
Sounds the particular animals make and cuts of meat from the particular animals in question? It's hard to come up with anything less generic without any artwork or background info to go on.
As it's confidential, I can only use text to give more info. Now I add the game story as reference.
08-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
The first set is the sounds they make,
second set is the type of meat they produce...

and please don't keep birdie, piggy and coy (I know, it's temporary)
I know, but I want to combine the character's name with its "personality", not just how they sound or taste...
08-04-2011, 03:43 AM
Just for some more information - is the game intended to have "cutesy" graphics like Hoggy, or something more serious?

The same for the overall tone, light-hearted, funny, serious, sombre, etc. Just so we have something to go on...

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
08-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Just for some more information - is the game intended to have "cutesy" graphics like Hoggy, or something more serious?

The same for the overall tone, light-hearted, funny, serious, sombre, etc. Just so we have something to go on...
It's a puzzle game with colorful backgrounds and cute graphics, your mission is to solve different puzzles in each level to reach the destination.
08-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Edgar, Allan and Poe. ;D

Actually, anything I think of basically stems from the three names sounding well together. What is more important to you, the synergy of the three names when said consecutively, or how well each name reflects the personality of the character?

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.