★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Space War? (Looks Spaceward Ho!-esque)

04-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Space War? (Looks Spaceward Ho!-esque)

I'm anxious to try this game, as Spaceward Ho! is one of my fave games of all time, and I'm dying for an iPhone clone!

It looks a little...rough around the edges.

Has anyone tried this yet?
04-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Has no one tried this game yet?

04-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Link??? Nice double post by the way...

EDIT:
Looks really gay to me. Pass...definitely pass...

Last edited by crimson.; 04-24-2009 at 11:12 PM.
04-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Are you sure you've got the right name? This is the only Space War I could find: SpaceWar, and it doesn't look anything like Spaceward Ho! If this isn't the right game can you please post a link to the one you're actually talking about?

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
04-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Sorry for the double post. No one responded, and I wanted an answer (and there were none in the forums). I don't think a new topic would have been better. I waited around a day to repost.

I don't know how to find the links that pop you straight into iTunes, but here is the game in AppShopper and you can see the images from there:

http://appshopper.com/games/space-war-09

Some reviews have come in just recently and they are averaging pretty low. I really want a Spaceward Ho but it looks like I might pass on this one.
04-25-2009, 04:34 AM
i saw this on appshopper yesterday and was interested but didnt buy it. it does look kinda good alright. but i cant find any info on the game.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
04-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
Sorry for the double post. No one responded, and I wanted an answer (and there were none in the forums). I don't think a new topic would have been better. I waited around a day to repost.

I don't know how to find the links that pop you straight into iTunes, but here is the game in AppShopper and you can see the images from there:

http://appshopper.com/games/space-war-09

Some reviews have come in just recently and they are averaging pretty low. I really want a Spaceward Ho but it looks like I might pass on this one.
That makes a lot more sense now. I had that one on my list, but haven't gotten around to buying it yet, so I don't know if it's any good or not. Have you tried Dark Nova? It's free and might contain the game play you're looking for. Bear in mind that I know Spaceward Ho! only from pictures, as I've never actually played it.

As for making App Store links, when you're in iTunes (Windows version, at least), right click the application's icon in the description and you'll get a menu item to Copy iTunes Store URL.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Dark Nova unfortunately is not anything like Spaceward Ho! =(

It's more of a Dope Wars/Space Trader type of game where you see how much money you can make in a small amount of time, mainly by buying low and selling high. I don't like those types of games very much.