★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Once a quiet peaceful heaven, our island is now under the threat of its volcano. Your task is to move the inhabitants to safer places.

Volcano Island is a turn-based strategy game. Before the eruption of the volcano, the island is gradually sinking beneath the ocean. Your challenges are wandering sharks and octopuses. Also there are some people who can't swim. You should accompany them with swimming ones.

Each task is composed of 3 levels. In each level, you have different challenges and tools. And there are 5 different islands to play with.

We know that the game rules are not easy to learn at once. To make things a bit easier, we provided a very comprehensive and easy-to-read help. Volcano Island is one of the few sophisticated games on mobile platform that can provide you the lasting fun and playing experience even after months or years of playing.

Save the islanders before the eruption!

----------

Your five star reviews motivate us for more updates and games.
You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Volcano-Island/194413850612818
http://twitter.com/#!/VolcanoIslandHD

For all questions and feedback please write to bilgin@LittleShopOfAdventures.com

-----------

BilginEsme's comments:

Once a quiet peaceful heaven, our island is now under the threat of its volcano.
Your task is to move the inhabitants to safer places.

Volcano Island is a turn-based strategy game. Before the eruption of the volcano, the island is gradually sinking beneath the ocean. Your challenges are wandering sharks and octopuses. Also there are some people who can't swim. You should accompany them with swimming ones.

Volcano Island brings you the real adventure under an erupting volcano with sharks and octopuses. Watch for airplanes and choppers that are coming to help you. Each task is composed of 3 levels. In each level, you have different challenges and tools. And there are 5 different islands to play with.

Watch the gameplay video

You can also try the "Lite Version" where you can play the complete Level 1 of "Banana Island".

We know that the game rules are not easy to learn at once. To make things a bit easier, we provided a very comprehensive, easy-to-read help and a cheat-sheet. Volcano Island is one of the few sophisticated games on iPhone/iPod platform that can provide you the lasting fun and playing experience even after months or years of playing.

Save the islanders before the eruption!

iTunes Link : http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/id449438609?mt=8

Game Website : http://www.littleshopofadventures.co...anoIsland.aspx
Contains lots of information about the game, also a cheat-sheet to learn the rules easier.

and a few promo codes ...

TWYR37H7YRFT
TF6RKA7JHKEL
67R6FFTEXN3X
3YMK9JR4YNN6
RT94PNXXYALR
9L9M7XEATXW7
08-05-2011, 06:52 AM
My last two promo codes

The last 2 codes for this version:

RP33HNNJ49R6
9E74TPKWHT6H

08-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Just thought I'll post some impressions
(finally got time to sit down and try the game)

I was rather stumped by the game in my first few turns (my bad for not reading) as the people started getting eaten by sharks, octopus and disappearing into the sea along with chunks of the land. But once you get the hang of it, you'll be trying to get the people together and clear the stage with as many people alive as possible.

The graphics (especially the starting story is wonderful) and the sound matches well.

Some suggestions: when we are left with most of the island destroyed, maybe the tempo of the background music can be increased to create a crisis feeling. it'll create a tense atmosphere that will really boost the game. (it'll be great if we can have a rating system for each stage (like one star, two stars, three stars to rate our performance)

In other words: get the game if you wish to get into a game that challenges you to outdo yourself at every turn!
08-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15.Minutes of Gameplay.
08-23-2011, 02:38 AM
Have played some levels on this game and here are my several opinions so far :

1. Overall the gameplay is good. It may not have great graphics but it's a nice strategy game. It needs a better tutorial though (maybe a step by step tutorial with one small island).

2. The game is indeed crashes several times on my iPhone. Usually it's when I finish/win a level or when it's game over. Until now I've always win 3rd level, but never be able to see how it's ended. Definitely needs an update.

3. Several things are missing from the help section.
> How many moves left is important for the game, should be explained.
> The randomly destroyed hexagonal landand the way it works

4. The sign for risky places with different tone is not clear. When there are people in it, it's easier to see since the people blinks, but when it's empty I can't notice the difference. I am not color blind and a slight darker is way too similar. So sometimes I put people in risky places. You should make an easier way to distinguish risky places. Maybe red color, noticable blinking land, or cracked land images for better play.

5. Randomly destroyed land can produce sharks, octopuses, or boats - or simply just destroyed. Since this is a strategy game, it may be better if we know that something will come up after it's destroyed (though it's good to leave it as a surprise whether it's a boat or enemies, 50-50 chance) compared to regular destroyed lands. Then we can create better strategy to move the people. It's just an idea though since it's allright as it is (except that I can't distinguish different tone!!).

5. The magnifying glass is really helpful but at the same time it's confusing since it only highlighted the road in red. With longer moves in 3rd level, sometimes I encounter lots of red places and I'm confused which one is the ending road. Maybe it's better if the selected people is moving along during the transport to indicate its final position.

6. It's nice to see the buoy token above the characters that cannot swim. Maybe for easier understanding and better view, you can declare that babies, grannies, and dogs cannot swim while other can. Only these 3 characters have buoys on top of them. Therefore we don't have to scout every time we play for buoys icon, after several games we will be adaptive.

7. You said that each islands has different challenges, but they all are similar. Maybe you can add one liner under the island's name or add a description page after we select the land to describe the level. For example: Wasabi island - Sharks everywhere, no boats, can you survive? With this line you can add more levels so that the game will have more variety. Some ideas: island that destroyed fast, island full of non-swimming babies, island with faraway rescue ships, etc.

8. The sharks and octopuses are sometimes stupid. There are preys next to them and they move to another place. You should make the enemies cleverer so it's more challenging. So with more challenging levels and its random gameplay, we'll keep coming back for more.

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
This game is AWESOME!!!!!
I'm addicted to it and played the whole day.

Going to change/add my opinion :

1. Oddly it doesn't crash anymore after several games. Don't know why, it crashes like 6 times during first hours of playing and then it never crashes for the rest of the day. Maybe only installation bug or something. Now I know that the ending of 3rd level is just showing your score. Probably it's better to add one page of ending like with saying like "Congratz or whatever." With its high score achievement, maybe game center next?

2. I've noticed the annoying beeping sound when the people are in danger, I like it . It helps to spot risky land, but only with people in it, and risky people in the water or boat. Also I find strategy that when people are in danger, going to the water is better than staying cause enemies might pop out. You can tell this in tutorial and forget what I've said above about hint of incoming enemies on destroyed lands.

I LOVE this game.
If you're a fan of Catan and Neuroshima Hex like me, this game is surely a must.
It's way simpler than those both mentioned, therefore more casual.

If you want to try it first, grab the lite version:

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
08-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Volcano Island crashes on my iPod every time I launch it. 4th gen running iOS 4.3.3 (non-JB).... I see the splash screen, then I get the next screen for the first 2 or 3 notes of the soundtrack before it kicks me out. iPad version works fine on iPad. I've tried restarting, deleting and redownloading, hard resetting.... no luck!