★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fun. Addictive. Challenging. These and many more are just some of the words someone somewhere sometime might say about Insecticide, probably.

Insecticide actually does something new and different with the "Match-3" genre. Greater freedom of movement makes for a faster paced more intense game.
5 different game modes, including multiplayer provide the right style of game to suit your playing style (or lack of).

Game Centre Leaderboards provide an addictive worldwide challenge in the race to get to the number one spot and Achievements reward you as you try to get there.

Fifty levels of non-stop action in classic challenge mode.

Endurance mode lets you play for as long as you can keep the time limit going.

Three against the clock targets in time trial mode.

Endless gameplay to practice and develop your strategies in, funnily enough, endless mode.

Local Multiplayer with power-ups and an in-game taunting system to distract your opponent.

Unified Game Center global leaderboards and achievements.

Universal app optimized for each system.

Retina display graphics on iPhone 4 and latest iPod Touch devices.

Twitter and Facebook support.

MeltingPoint's comments:

A refreshing new take on the classic “Match 3” style of game, Insecticide has a greater freedom of movement that makes it a frantic more exciting game and allows a new type of strategy to be used in pursuit of that perfect high score.

Don’t think that extra freedom will make things easy for you though, Insecticide has gameplay that is both fun and challenging, whether you're aiming to be top of the leaderboard or battling against a friend in multiplayer.

Classic, Time Attack, Head-to-head Multiplayer and Endless game modes provide a challenge for every gaming occasion. From a quick couple of minutes to, well, as long as you'd like to play.

Game Center Leaderboards provide an addictive worldwide challenge in the race to get to the number one spot and Achievements reward you as you try to get there.

Features:

- Fifty levels of non-stop action in classic challenge mode.
- Endurance mode lets you play for as long as you can keep the time limit going.
- Three against the clock targets in time trial mode.
- Head-To-Head Multiplayer over Bluetooth.
- Endless gameplay to practice and develop your strategies in, funnily enough, endless mode.

- Unified Game Center global leader-boards and achievements across all your iOS devices.
- Universal game optimized for each system.
- Retina display graphics on iPhone 4 and latest iPod Touch devices.
- Multiplayer Taunts to ridicule your opponent as you play.
- Multiplayer "Splat" power-up used to distract your opponent.
- Multiplayer Point Steal power-up - let them do the hard work for you.
- Twitter and Facebook integration, post your high scores to taunt your friends with your gaming prowess.

08-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Collection of Insecticide Wallpaper

Added some Insecticide Lock Screen and Home Screen wallpapers to the website, here's a direct link if anyone wants a cute bug or a crazy worm staring at them when they switch there iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch on there's standard and Retina versions of each.

Insecticide Home Screen and Lock Screen Wallpapers

08-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Just a quick post to say that the 1.0.1 update has been approved so should be working it's way into the app store from now.

The 1.0.1 update includes:

- Head-to-Head multiplayer
- Taunts and "Splats" in Multiplayer to distract and ridicule your opponent
- Point Stealer power up in multiplayer
- More new animated in-game backgrounds and new visual effects
- Point Bonuses in all game modes
- Time Bonuses in the classic game modes
08-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Promo Codes

Hello again.

I promised some more promo codes for the game once the multiplayer update came out so here they are.
As Apple have also approved the update to one of my other apps, Flash Drive, I'm including some for that as well.

Flash Drive Features:

Fast WiFi and iTunes USB file transfer.

Download files from the internet.

Compatible with all Mac, Windows and Linux computers using WiFi and your preferred web browser or use iTunes for USB file transfer.

Built in preview of iOS supported file formats: e.g. PDF, MP3, MOV, iWork files, Word, Excel, Power Point, photos, JPG, PNG text files and so on.

Email your files as attachments from within the app.

Print documents to compatible AirPrint printers.

Pinch and Zoom compatible file types.

Website

Blog

YouTube

Insecticide Promo Codes:

EKKLMAWT9RTY
HWHKX9FFP4XF
YE343K47N93A
9LYHRTP4T6FK
N6JPA6EK3PRA

Flash Drive Promo Codes:

WMXEPM3JXWH6
RN4X9THNM79A
L9XW7XJLLJNP
4XJ6RYR6WWTT
NLEAFHPTH6EJ
08-09-2011, 09:16 AM
EKKLMAWT9RTY, thanks.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-09-2011, 09:38 AM
9LYHRTP4T6FK and WMXEPM3JXWH6 Thanks!
08-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Insecticide codes were all taken!
took a Flash Drive one 4XJ6RYR6WWTT
thanks
08-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Just played single player Classic and my biggest whine is that there is no sort of final score summary page. Other than checking in on my GC best scores, I have no clue in-game what score I just got and therefore will have no idea if that highscore in GC is my latest game or from an earlier play.

I'd like to see both my best score in a given mode (in-game or at end of game) and my final score (end of game).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post
Insecticide codes were all taken!
took a Flash Drive one 4XJ6RYR6WWTT
thanks
Sent you a pm and here's some more codes folks.

M4LHTKKAWTKA
XRY69P7NHKTL
794TRN746KX3
E9RWH397RNKP
K39AXNXJNTXJ
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Just played single player Classic and my biggest whine is that there is no sort of final score summary page. Other than checking in on my GC best scores, I have no clue in-game what score I just got and therefore will have no idea if that highscore in GC is my latest game or from an earlier play.

I'd like to see both my best score in a given mode (in-game or at end of game) and my final score (end of game).
Thanks for the suggestion and I guarantee you it will be in the next update.

Thing is I have already programmed most of the code for the local scores but decided to leave it out because I, rather stupidly, thought people would rather use Game Center. Must have been a day when I'd only had three gallons of coffee instead of my usual five