★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Download the @FreeAppADay Store App and wish for more top rated paid apps like Shovel Heroes to become FREE for a day!

Shovel Heroes
Welcome to the world of Treasure, Monsters and Ancient Gods!
Explore beautiful tropical islands to find the rarest items in the World.

Corona SDK App of the MONTH!(1/8/2011)
"Aside from its impeccable artwork and intuitive, RPG-esque gameplay, its also got potential to become something of the next FarmVille!", - Ansca Mobile team
4.5/5 - CrazyMikesApps.com
4.5/5 - Appdictions.com
4.5/5 - Bild.de Magazine

CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER
Create a unique avatar, male or female from a huge set of items, ranging from awesome jackets to funky hair styles

FIGHT PIRATES, WILD ANIMALS AND ANGRY NATIVES
They're blocking your way, get past them by bribing them with rum, meat and vegetables

PLAY WITH FRIENDS
Invite your Facebook friends to join you as your neighbours. They'll provide you with items, that help on your journey!

PLAY MINI-GAMES AND SOLVE PUZZLES
Earn extra energy by playing the Rune Matching game and unblock runestones by tracing the rune symbol with your finger!

INCREASE YOUR SKILLS ANG GAIN NEW POWERS
As you collect more collections, you'll be able to turn them in for Ruby Crystals! If you get enough of them, Gods will reward you with new powers.

DECORATE YOUR HOME ISLAND
Make a comfy home out of your island by decorating it with stuff you buy from local merchants. Show it off to your friends, and check out their home islands!

80 ISLANDS TO EXPLORE AND 40 COLLECTIONS TO GATHER
There's enough content to keep you engaged for a long time, complete the exploration of islands in order to get an Extra Reward!

*** IMPORTANT ***
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Shovel Heroes was designed for iPod Touch 3rd generation 32GB and 64GB models, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, and iPad 2 and requires iOS 4.0 or later!

If you like the game, rate it , so we can keep on updating the game!

ibuber's comments:
Hi guys!
My name is Ilya and I'd like to present you our first game for mobile devices, it's called Shovel heroes! It's available on both iOS & Android for FREE!

You play as a Treasure Hunter who has been stranded on a desert island with nothing but his loyal Shovel! You dig your way out of there, build a camp and start looking for Ancient Treasures on the islands nearby.

As you gather Collections, you trade them in for magical rubies that grant you new Powers.

But this game is not only about luck, it's about skill, too! Be the quickest to gather bonuses, and gain extra rewards from Action Bar.There are also two Mini-games you should master in order to complete the excavation.

There's also plenty of customization available, you can both change your Avatar's appearance AND Decorate Home Island.

Also, you can invite your friends from Facebook to join you, they'll provide you with additional materials you need in your journey. And you can always visit them, too.

The game doesn't require a constant Internet connection, you can play offline and sync later! Also, you can play the same story on any supported device without the need to start over.

It's developed on a Cross-Platform engine, so we publish to Android and iOS at the same time! We've also got App of the Month award from Ansca Mobile
There are links, again:

Hope you like the game! We have a lot of exciting updates in pipelines:
  • Fighting Pirates
  • Mini-Game where you 'Pray' the Gods (like Guitar Hero)
  • Exclusive Islands
  • Functional Items for your Home Island
P.S. Any comments/critics are WELCOME!
08-04-2011, 12:07 PM
looks interesting.two questions though,does this require a constant internet connection? and will you be adding any other way to play with friend(ie gamecenter)? i don't want to spam my facebook friends with invites since no one i know plays ipod/ipad/iphone games.
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
When I saw stars (exp) and energy it makes me think of facebook games.

GameCenter: williamsyee Twitter: @willzhw
Beta Tester profile: willzhw
Hero Emblems Skill Location Prison Life RPG Guides
08-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Send a message via ICQ to ibuber Send a message via Skype™ to ibuber
Thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the GameCenter, we'll not be able to implement it soon ('cause it doesn't work on other platforms), though, we'll certainly add OpenFeint support in our next release.
And the stars, well, we all know stars are the best way to say "XP"

Best regards, Ilya Buber, mobile game developer from Motherland!
=====
Check out our new game Shovel Heroes on AppStore and Android Market