★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Angry Bots game that comes with Unity 4
08-04-2011, 05:28 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 2,011
A guy that I know is doing an "Angry Bus", I was really thinking about him while seeing this post INSM

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)

08-04-2011, 05:43 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
A guy that I know is doing an "Angry Bus", I was really thinking about him while seeing this post INSM
Great, now I'm thinking about the great late Wesley Willis and "Hell Bus"!


Youtube link | Pop Up
08-04-2011, 05:45 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,172
i played this, no story. its a demo of their engine.
08-04-2011, 05:54 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameon View Post
i played this, no story. its a demo of their engine.
Yep, its a tech demo only but it surely look awesome on the iPad. It looks as good as any Universal engine game to me. Kinda amazing considering that unity engine used to be a minor turnoff not too long ago. Maybe some of the devs werent using it to its full potential but most games with unity engine used to have inflated file sizes, slow loading times and didnt really look all great either.
08-04-2011, 06:03 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 31.560499, -111.904128
Posts: 7,471
Looks great. Not as impressive as the Unreal engine demo, but still very impressive nevertheless. The lighting and reflections look awesome and there are some detailed textures as well. And the demo runs very smoothly on the iPhone 4. No frame rate problems even with multiple enemies on the screen.




Hakuna Matata
08-04-2011, 06:03 PM
#7
Nice tech demo, impressive graphics. Too bad the sticks are poorly implemented.

GameCenter : Putosaure
Openfeint : Putosaure
08-04-2011, 07:54 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 1,899
Yeah I played the comp version and it was sick. But did they seriously use the control stick textures from their tutorials? LOL

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
08-05-2011, 03:34 AM
#9
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 590
HOLY CRAP! this demo is just awesome, UE3 has NOTHING on this! the textures, the reflexes, the shading, no contest, this looks straight up like a 360 game, seriously, UE3 can't touch this, i can't wait for SHADOWGUN now!

i did notice that my iPod Touch 4 got SUPAHOT! seriously, that the hottest it's ever been, i'm kinda worried about that.... Unity 3.4 is gonna make my iPod EXPLODE!
08-05-2011, 03:35 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Looks great. Not as impressive as the Unreal engine demo, but still very impressive nevertheless. The lighting and reflections look awesome and there are some detailed textures as well. And the demo runs very smoothly on the iPhone 4. No frame rate problems even with multiple enemies on the screen.
i've to disagree this looks FAR better than Epic Citadel.