★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Topple 2 v1.1 live, 1.2 details inside!

04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Topple 2 v1.1 live, 1.2 details inside!

Hi everyone,

Topple 2 version 1.1 just went live! Please try out the Facebook and Twitter challenge features. We've also addressed some of the frustration players have been having with Rescue! levels. You'll find them to be much easier!

Here's your TA exclusive:

Following fast on the update's heels is version 1.2, which we will be submitting shortly!

Version 1.2 changes:

-Ipod music will be supported. Just fire up Topple 2 with your music already on and it will seamlessly turn off in-game music.
-Freeplay levels now display the in-game "Top Height" line on the submenu for easier viewing.
-Added a new page for latest Twitter challenges. Post your challenges or accept challenges and challenge back other Twitter players!
-Twitter and Facebook challenges will display the user's profile picture on the "ghost line".
04-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Allen..................1.1 did not JUST come out.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

04-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Like Topple. May have to get the sequel
04-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen at ngmoco View Post
-Freeplay levels now display the in-game "Top Height" line on the submenu for easier viewing.
Thanks! Still hoping for individual stage records in the three star categories, but I'm willing to wait a bit as I understand the Twitter integration and beefing up the Challenge aspects are a much higher priority at the moment.

To the rest of you, sure, it is cool that they keep the updates flying but realize that any update you see in the App Store was probably submitted AT THE VERY LEAST 7 days ago, so if they're halfway decent devs, by the time the update hits they're well on their way to another one.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Thanks! Still hoping for individual stage records in the three star categories, but I'm willing to wait a bit as I understand the Twitter integration and beefing up the Challenge aspects are a much higher priority at the moment.
Thanks Gek, totally understand why this would be a great add. Will have to discuss the best way to do this, since screen real estate is problematic. I have some ideas to try out though. =)
04-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen at ngmoco View Post
Thanks Gek, totally understand why this would be a great add. Will have to discuss the best way to do this, since screen real estate is problematic. I have some ideas to try out though. =)
Yeah, having to go into an additional little stats screen as long as there is a little link somewhere in the stage's title screen thingy (something for those interested but ignorable if not curious).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Yea, we'll have to try things out. Right now you can tap any part of the submenu to start the level.
04-24-2009, 09:08 PM
I wish the iPod supported streaming radio. Pretty much all of the music I listen to these days is an ogg/mp3 stream from a particular site. It would certainly make the background music feature more appealing to me. As it is, I'll actually have to start moving some albums over from my personal collection. I've just been using FStream this whole time

Updates are good. Keep 'em coming!
04-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Any tips for the "dizzy block" achievement?
Thanks for keeping the updates coming.
04-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Any tips for the "dizzy block" achievement?
Thanks for keeping the updates coming.
How would you make a block dizzy? =)

It's a little bit hard to accomplish, but try rotating a block 360 degrees without lifting your fingers. (i always have to spin the phone too when I do it).