Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Banned

Default Discover a new genre of match-4 action puzzle game with SafariParty for iOS

Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This is actually a very good game. I like the fact that matches don't automatically disappear, allowing you to build up a higher number. The animations are top notch and from the menu it would seem that more game modes are to be added.

If you like Zookeeper, you'll love this!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I was having a blast until I noticed something that COMPLETELY BROKE the game for me. It appears all modes offer not only endless continues, but the score isn't even reset so death has absolutely no sting and the high scores mean nothing. I hope this was a bug but I doubt it.

Last edited by LordGek; 08-06-2011 at 06:27 AM..
Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I was having a blast until I noticed something that COMPLETELY BROKE the game for me. It appears all modes offer not only endless continues, but the score isn't even reset so death has absolutely no sting and the high svores mean notjing. I hope this was a bug but I doubt it.
wow... yeah, that would totally ruin it... thank you for posting! Was hovering over the buy button... =o/
Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
I was having a blast until I noticed something that COMPLETELY BROKE the game for me. It appears all modes offer not only endless continues, but the score isn't even reset so death has absolutely no sting and the high scores mean nothing. I hope this was a bug but I doubt it.
About the "retry" button?

When you choose this option, you can retry the current level (level N) with the score you had at the beginning of that precise level (end of level N-1), so the challenge remains the same for players as if they put it on pause or saved the status.

This is just to avoid frustration of having to restart all the first levels just because of a little mistake on level 30... One of the feedbacks of beta testers was that it tooks too much time to reach a high level and then you could lose too easily once up there.

Looking at the highest scores on GameCenter currently, some players have gone through the 2 millions points mark, it's pretty impressive.

We sincerely hope that you will still give a chance to our game, it's really worth it and the challenge of high score and high levels are meaningful.

Last edited by PixOwl; 08-10-2011 at 07:18 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 07:11 AM
iPhone 4

Default YouTube Video

By the way, here is the Youtube video preview of the game, since it's not mentionned in the game description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo0LVvf4uGE
Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixOwl View Post
About the "retry" button?

When you choose this option, you can retry the current level (level N) with the score you had at the beginning of that precise level (end of level N-1), so the challenge remains the same for players as if they put it on pause or saved the status.

This is just to avoid frustration of having to restart all the first levels just because of a little mistake on level 30... One of the feedbacks of beta testers was that it tooks too much time to reach a high level and then you could lose too easily once up there.

Looking at the highest scores on GameCenter currently, some players have gone through the 2 millions points mark, it's pretty impressive.

We sincerely hope that you will still give a chance to our game, it's really worth it and the challenge of high score and high levels are meaningful.
Enh, perhaps you could consider a Hardcore mode that will allow the player to save and quit out but once the player is killed that save is deleted. If not available right off it might be something unlocked by getting past something like the 20th level of the normal game.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Enh, perhaps you could consider a Hardcore mode that will allow the player to save and quit out but once the player is killed that save is deleted. If not available right off it might be something unlocked by getting past something like the 20th level of the normal game.
LordGek, this is very valuable feedback! We have actually in the game an "Expert" mode that you can unlock by reaching level 15 in the Arcade mode.

We have noted down your suggestion and if other players have similar feedback as yours, we will remove the "Retry" feature in that mode specifically.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:12 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Thinking about getting this just because it's by pixowl, but I already have so many match-3/4s. What sets this apart?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixOwl View Post
LordGek, this is very valuable feedback! We have actually in the game an "Expert" mode that you can unlock by reaching level 15 in the Arcade mode.

We have noted down your suggestion and if other players have similar feedback as yours, we will remove the "Retry" feature in that mode specifically.
Oh, that's right! This would be a perfect place to put it as I would assume "Expert" implies tough as nails and no "hand-holding".