App description: * A MUST-HAVE game ranked Top#1 (Overall) in France and Top#30 (Puzzle) USA
* More challenging than a puzzle game, more enjoyable than arcade
* Hours of joy, fun and laughter for the whole family - guaranteed!
* Drawn by famous French comic book illustrator and blogger Laurel

NEW UPDATE
- native resolution now supported on all latest Apple devices: iPhone 5/5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Including Nextpeer integration with social features like multiplayer, friend invitations, Leaderboards and sharing your best game moments
- iOS8 compatibility
- Various optimisations and bugs fixes!

PRESS QUOTES
- "Match more than four if you dare in cute iOS puzzler Safari Party" - Pocket Gamer

- "The great graphics/illustration, engaging music and sound effects, plus smooth gameplay are the best attributes of this game." - iHeartThisApp

- "Safari Party should quickly become a reference in match-3/4 games!" (4/5 Appstore-Test.fr)

- "Safari Party is simply a MUST-HAVE () it will satisfy both kids & adults" (17/20 iPhoneSoft.fr)

- "Tons of contents, fun and challenge. (...) This universal app, with cartoon graphics, will seduce the whole family. A great game that you will enjoy playing and watching!" (7/10 ApplicationiPhone.com)

- "Don't hesitate to buy this app, the quality/price/fun ratio is a real bargain! Only strong points.. Music, design, gameplay, controls... Everything is here! Try it, love it! (Actu!Padd - iPadd.fr)

Are you ready for safari?
Safari Party is a new genre of match-4 action puzzle game where you become a photographer travelling around the globe: Safari, Ocean, North Pole, Forest and Metropole. Take as many photos as you can of more than four animals of the same kind. But be careful, some animals are not as cute as you think they are! Discover beautiful new lands and adorable animals, and compete for the title of the best photographer in the world!

Grab your camera and jump into the adventure!

HOW TO PLAY
Tap on the group of 4 or more animals of one kind (combos) to make a photo or swap horizontally/ vertically to create a larger group. The larger is the group the higher is your score! Shake your device if you cant find a grouping. Look for bonuses; they will help you on your way: rock, cloud and joker. Score the required number of each animal per level to advance. Some animals are impatient, so dont forget to watch your time! Good luck!

FEATURES
- 5 different themes across the globe: Forest, Safari, Metropole, Ocean, North Pole!
- 5 game-play modes: Arcade, Speed, Expert, Zen or Multiplayer
- Unlock secret achievements and become the best world photographer
- Crazy and super helpful bonuses: rock, cloud and joker
- Share your best photo shoots by Email/Twitter/Facebook
- Endless hours of fun for the whole family
- Cute cartoon graphics drawn by Laurel (famous French comic book illustrator)
- Graphics adapted to Retina display (HD)
- Universal app: optimized to work natively on your iPad
- OpenFeint & GameCenter integration for Leaderboards and Achievements
- Including Nextpeer integration with social features like multiplayer, friend invitations, Leaderboards and sharing your best game moments

Find the best strategy and challenge your brain against the clock with this adrenaline-packed game!

Produced by the team behind Doodle Grub, the highly popular tilt-based snake game that ranked in Top #10 in USA, Top #1 in France, Germany etc. with more than 4 million downloads worldwide.

FOLLOW US
Twitter: http://twitter.com/safariparty
Facebook: http://facebook.com/SafariParty
08-06-2011, 03:37 AM
This is actually a very good game. I like the fact that matches don't automatically disappear, allowing you to build up a higher number. The animations are top notch and from the menu it would seem that more game modes are to be added.

If you like Zookeeper, you'll love this!

08-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Game Impressions

I was having a blast until I noticed something that COMPLETELY BROKE the game for me. It appears all modes offer not only endless continues, but the score isn't even reset so death has absolutely no sting and the high scores mean nothing. I hope this was a bug but I doubt it.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 08-06-2011 at 06:27 AM.
08-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I was having a blast until I noticed something that COMPLETELY BROKE the game for me. It appears all modes offer not only endless continues, but the score isn't even reset so death has absolutely no sting and the high svores mean notjing. I hope this was a bug but I doubt it.
wow... yeah, that would totally ruin it... thank you for posting! Was hovering over the buy button... =o/

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral
08-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
I was having a blast until I noticed something that COMPLETELY BROKE the game for me. It appears all modes offer not only endless continues, but the score isn't even reset so death has absolutely no sting and the high scores mean nothing. I hope this was a bug but I doubt it.
About the "retry" button?

When you choose this option, you can retry the current level (level N) with the score you had at the beginning of that precise level (end of level N-1), so the challenge remains the same for players as if they put it on pause or saved the status.

This is just to avoid frustration of having to restart all the first levels just because of a little mistake on level 30... One of the feedbacks of beta testers was that it tooks too much time to reach a high level and then you could lose too easily once up there.

Looking at the highest scores on GameCenter currently, some players have gone through the 2 millions points mark, it's pretty impressive.

We sincerely hope that you will still give a chance to our game, it's really worth it and the challenge of high score and high levels are meaningful.

The Sandbox - Play God & Create Worlds with Life or Destroy everything within a tap of your finger!
Awards Received: BEST OF WORLD-BUILDING GAMES (iTunes), BEST OF GAMES: HIDDENS GEMS (iTunes) and TOP GAMES IF YOU LIKE MINECRAFT (iTunes)

Other other games:
Grub - Snake is Back!
Greedy Grub - The first simulation game with a hero and a story
Doodle Grub - Charming & Addictive Snake Game
Safari Party - New genre of match-4 action puzzle game

Last edited by PixOwl; 08-10-2011 at 07:18 AM.
08-10-2011, 07:11 AM
YouTube Video

By the way, here is the Youtube video preview of the game, since it's not mentionned in the game description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo0LVvf4uGE

The Sandbox - Play God & Create Worlds with Life or Destroy everything within a tap of your finger!
Awards Received: BEST OF WORLD-BUILDING GAMES (iTunes), BEST OF GAMES: HIDDENS GEMS (iTunes) and TOP GAMES IF YOU LIKE MINECRAFT (iTunes)

Other other games:
Grub - Snake is Back!
08-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixOwl View Post
About the "retry" button?

When you choose this option, you can retry the current level (level N) with the score you had at the beginning of that precise level (end of level N-1), so the challenge remains the same for players as if they put it on pause or saved the status.

This is just to avoid frustration of having to restart all the first levels just because of a little mistake on level 30... One of the feedbacks of beta testers was that it tooks too much time to reach a high level and then you could lose too easily once up there.

Looking at the highest scores on GameCenter currently, some players have gone through the 2 millions points mark, it's pretty impressive.

We sincerely hope that you will still give a chance to our game, it's really worth it and the challenge of high score and high levels are meaningful.
Enh, perhaps you could consider a Hardcore mode that will allow the player to save and quit out but once the player is killed that save is deleted. If not available right off it might be something unlocked by getting past something like the 20th level of the normal game.

My iTunes Reviews
08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Enh, perhaps you could consider a Hardcore mode that will allow the player to save and quit out but once the player is killed that save is deleted. If not available right off it might be something unlocked by getting past something like the 20th level of the normal game.
LordGek, this is very valuable feedback! We have actually in the game an "Expert" mode that you can unlock by reaching level 15 in the Arcade mode.

We have noted down your suggestion and if other players have similar feedback as yours, we will remove the "Retry" feature in that mode specifically.

Other other games:
Grub - Snake is Back!
08-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Thinking about getting this just because it's by pixowl, but I already have so many match-3/4s. What sets this apart?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixOwl View Post
LordGek, this is very valuable feedback! We have actually in the game an "Expert" mode that you can unlock by reaching level 15 in the Arcade mode.

We have noted down your suggestion and if other players have similar feedback as yours, we will remove the "Retry" feature in that mode specifically.
Oh, that's right! This would be a perfect place to put it as I would assume "Expert" implies tough as nails and no "hand-holding".

My iTunes Reviews