Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Warblade HD for the iPad is now available!! (Deluxe Galaga from the Amiga)

It's now only $0.99 for a whole week !!!!!
Ending 21.09.2011 (09/21/2011) !

My game Warblade is now available in a HD version for the iPad.
Next version will have support for the iCade cabinet. And I have to say it's an amazing feeling to play the game on the iCade!! Really great old time arcade feeling... :-)

Here is a video of Warblade HD on the iCade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXl0y47pe-o

Warblade HD on App Store

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Warblader; 09-14-2011 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: appinfo
Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

iCade or not, this is a great retro style shmup that should be snapped up at a buck. Particularly if you don't already have the iPhone version, and particularly if you happen to be a fan of Galaga.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:06 AM

You've made me get out of bed to get the iPad now, grr.

Warbladd is seriously awesome, on any platform. Ridiculously addictive Galaga type game with power ups, bonuses, secrets, so many hidden gems.
Deffinately worth it at $9.99 or more IMO, nevermind $0.99 that's just nuts.

Bought.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:03 PM

Bought this today, awesome game. Can't wait for the icade update.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:37 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Perhaps it is just me, but that youtube video of the play with an iCade looks like it is very hard to control. The ship moves so fast that tiny touches of the stick move your ship a long way.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I just bought this and played it for a bit. I would suggest that anyone who enjoys Galaxian type games do so as well - it is quite a treat!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Perhaps it is just me, but that youtube video of the play with an iCade looks like it is very hard to control. The ship moves so fast that tiny touches of the stick move your ship a long way.
At the start of the video I'm playing in the time trial mode. I have unlocked almost all of the time trial locks in my profile, so I start with max speed. So that is why the ship is moving so fast. If you watch at approx 3:00 you will see I start at level 26 and the ship is moving much slower. And that is not at it's slowest speed...
Old 08-05-2011, 06:08 PM

Yeah, as Edgar says its a very customizable game, I've played it for four hour+ sessions before on the Mac then come back to it later and continued. Speed, Bullets and Time are all things you want to level up, it can get quite frantic.

Edgar: I hate asking Devs for things, so take it as a suggestion only, but I like the control method with Left/Right buttons and Fire. The only issue is that on the iPad I have to move my finger quite a long way to do this. Would love an option that has te left and right buttons pretty close together and easily tap able on the right hand edge with fire where it is on the left. So more like the spacing on the iPhone. Now I find it takes awhile to move between left and right.

Runs great on my iPad 2, really insanely fast even with lots of monsters everywhere.

I'm familiar with all the Warblade secrets and options but I like how you've impletemented tutorial screens for those who are new to it. Good idea.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:54 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I will try to add in a new ctrl option in the next version. (version1.46.2 will be submitted tonight) I will try to make it sort of an invisible ctrl option where you hold the tombs on each side of the screen and move the left tomb just a little bit to set the left/right movement of the ship. Move it a little to move slow and move it more left/right to move faster. The right hand tomb will do the firing. Hope it made sense... :-)

I have made a little adjustment to the speed of the ship and also added a little acceleration on the iCade move option. so it takes a little bit of time before it reaches full speed. (current move speed)
Old 08-06-2011, 02:34 AM

So the icade update has been submitted?