★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Studio Helix
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.3 MB
  • Version: 0.7
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Launch sale of $0.99 for a limited time!

Oh yes we did! No need to dig out, untangle wires, and dust off the old game system to get a fix of a well loved and nostalgic espionage game like Spy vs Spy!

The little white and black guys are back with a new twist and vengeance! Enhanced with a load of modern upgrades, rooms, and traps promising hours of single or multiplayer game play! And demanding an answer to the question... are you team White? Or team Black?

Choose your white or black sly avatar and navigate the Embassy on a timed mission searching for loot under desks, between couch cushions, and behind paintings while trying to avoid traps set by your opponent. Watch out for a water bucket traps on doors, bombs, pyro techniques, or gas trapped rooms! Counter traps such as umbrellas and gas masks are hidden throughout, so keep an eye out because a trip to the pearly gates costs you crucial seconds and gives your opponent a chuckle induced advantage. The key is to find all mission items and get out before your opponent!

Play against a computer player during that break at work or school, in waiting rooms, and also during lazy Sunday mornings.

This game works great with Thumbies, those gaming buttons that attach to your device screen. That, in combination with the classic game control layout will send you reeling back into the 80s, but hopefully with out blisters on your thumbs.

Version 0.5 offers:
-Single player gaming against a computer
-Retina support
-Support for iPhone, iTouch & iPad version 3.2+

Future versions will offer:
-Two player gaming
-In-game voice and text chat
-In-game purchases for special traps and counter traps
08-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Wow this one's got infringement written all over it.

But... where's First Star Software to contest it? I wonder who owns the rights these days...

When the multiplayer patch comes out, I'll buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

08-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
lmao... yeah wow... I'm surprised this even got approved... hope it doesn't get pulled... =oP
08-05-2011, 10:20 AM
WOW what a blast from the past !!!!

How does it play guys? anyone had a go yet?

Also, any plans for universal or ipad?

3DS Favourites -
IOS favourites - Dead Space, Xcom, Shadowrun.
Multiplayer ID - Magnum0ik (use a zero)
09-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Wow this one's got infringement written all over it.

But... where's First Star Software to contest it? I wonder who owns the rights these days...

When the multiplayer patch comes out, I'll buy it.
We (First Star Software) are here ..... I don't think you'll find the app available any more. That said, we hope to have some exciting news soon.
Best to all!
Richard
09-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
aww... damn... I saw this in the appstore earlier today, and was thinking about nabbing it after I got some money in the bank... and now it's gone... =o(

Ah well... if it results in a nice surprise, I guess it's for the best... =oD
09-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
We (First Star Software) are here ..... I don't think you'll find the app available any more. That said, we hope to have some exciting news soon.
Best to all!
Richard
lol....aaaaand win

Me Llamo William y Juan Episode 2 is giving away a $10 iTunes Gift Card... Watch the video and enter!