★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cactus Brand
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 7.0 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The ultimate classic Cribbage card/board game for your iPad.

- Beautiful (retina) graphics and animations make this a must have app for crib lovers.
- Choose your skill level from beginner to expert.
- See how you compare to others with Game Center leaderboards for Most Wins, Best Hand, Best Crib and even Worst Loss.

appmaker's comments:
The ultimate classic Cribbage card/board game for you iPad. Beautiful graphics and animations make this a must have app for crib lovers. Choose your skill level from beginner to expert. See how you compare to others with Game Center leaderboards for Most Wins, Best Hand, Best Crib and even Worst Loss.

Cribbage HD iTunes Link

08-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Some questions - how many levels of AI? And, does the computer count score, or can the player? At the lower AI levels will the computer make counting errors? Like missing some points?

Are there different cribbage board layouts? And different backgrounds, different card backs and faces?

Looks like a nice game. Nothing against you, but I wish there was a way to actually compare because everyone claims to be the best...

Just noticing - you do know that there is a game called Cribbage HD already in the app store by Trivial Technologies? I thought app names could not be the same?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 08-05-2011 at 08:46 PM.

08-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Counting is all automatic. This isn't really a teaching game, it assumes you know how to play, and therefore auto-count speeds play.

3 levels of play.

More backgrounds, card backs, etc in future versions.

Thanks for the interest.
08-06-2011, 11:00 AM
This looks really nice. Reminds me of when my dad would play when I was a kid.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
08-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
This looks really nice. Reminds me of when my dad would play when I was a kid.
Thanks. Similarly, my grandmother taught me to play. Good memories.
08-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appmaker View Post
Counting is all automatic. This isn't really a teaching game, it assumes you know how to play, and therefore auto-count speeds play.
Perfect autocounting means no muggins means this is intermediate play at best.
08-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyMikesapps
Will check this out, love cribbage and have been playing on my Android. Thanks.
08-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahimiron View Post
Perfect autocounting means no muggins means this is intermediate play at best.
Since the computer is counting points, theoretically, if the programming is done correctly, it would be impossible for the computer to miss any points counted. So, only the player could lose points to the computer - which I guess is OK, but the player will never get points off the computer...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Since the computer is counting points, theoretically, if the programming is done correctly, it would be impossible for the computer to miss any points counted. So, only the player could lose points to the computer - which I guess is OK, but the player will never get points off the computer...
Points are auto-counted for both players, so neither player is at any (dis)advantage. The cards speak for themselves, period.
08-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appmaker View Post
Points are auto-counted for both players, so neither player is at any (dis)advantage. The cards speak for themselves, period.
Like I said, no muggins means no advanced mode.