★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ant Hill

04-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Ant Hill

This looks interesting, kind of like Pocket God but with ants: don't know if it's posted so here...

(Sorry about the link)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...iEsZ5jM41i7eeg

Description:

Have you ever wanted to be the ruler of your own domain, exercising mercy, stewardship or wrath as you see fit? Ant Hill puts you in control of a vast colony of ants where you control everything from whether or not to feed them, burn them, crush them, race them or shake the very earth upon which they tread. Finally, there is an environment application that lets you wield true power. What kind of ruler will you be?

Features:
- Realistic environment where ants can sprawl out in open areas, or take cover under shady plant life.
- Interactive in-game menu makes it easy to control the environment in real time.
- Many interactive options to feed, magnify, draw a marching path, drop rocks, race the ants against each other…and more!
- Accelerometer support allows you to tilt your device to control objects in the environment.
- Realistic sound effects.
- Ant-o-Meter lets you manually adjust the amount of ants in your colony.
- Pit red ants against black ants and watch them battle for dominance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ant.1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	3251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ant.2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	3252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ant.3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	3253  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ant.4.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	3254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ant.5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	3255  
04-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Looks like an interesting idea, anyone care to TOFTT?
BTW, cool link, how did you do that?

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades

04-24-2009, 07:47 PM
hmmm
is it anything like Pikmin?
04-24-2009, 08:04 PM
any objectives..game aspects...i think i have too many time killing no objective apps
04-26-2009, 08:00 PM
04-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Tofft

Great idea, great graphics, little to no gameplay.

You control the total number of ants. You can fry them with a magnifying glass, drop rocks on them, move their ant hill, feed them with strawberries, create a path for them to follow, and have the red ants race the black ants. All that stuff sounds kewl on paper, but in practice, it's not really very entertaining. At the very least, it's not a game.

Of course, I'm a hater on Pocket God too, so maybe someone that likes that app should TOFFT too, because I think Ow My Balls! is way better than this...

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Does look interesting but I am holding out on this (and of course, I'm a Pocket God lover)... the site said that there will be frequent updates so I'm waiting on this and see how far they will go. It has some good reviews so far...

Last edited by 21duc29; 04-26-2009 at 08:13 PM.
04-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawslover View Post
Looks like an interesting idea, anyone care to TOFTT?
BTW, cool link, how did you do that?
If you mean that you want to know how to link so that it opens on the Apps page in the iTunes store, then locate the app in iTunes. Right click on the apps icon and select "Copy iTunes Store URL" then paste it into your post.
04-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
If you mean that you want to know how to link so that it opens on the Apps page in the iTunes store, then locate the app in iTunes. Right click on the apps icon and select "Copy iTunes Store URL" then paste it into your post.
no I know how to do that
I meant the google link, normally its itunes or toucharcade etc

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades