★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

need developers's feedbacks about the game ;)

08-06-2011, 02:11 PM
need developers's feedbacks about the game ;)

i've been working on my game since a while , i'm not sure if i'm on a good way or not , it's a super meat boy like game in iPhone called cheeseman , still WIP but you can check the trailer and let me know if you have any criticism or advice , thank you !!!!

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Are u on the right track? Absolutely. Game has great potential however, with platformers like this, its all about final execution.

Twitter: @PeterBabiy
Site: www.strappedtoameteor.com
Games: Go Go Giraffe | DEO | Mr. Dreamer

08-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStrapped View Post
Are u on the right track? Absolutely. Game has great potential however, with platformers like this, its all about final execution.
hey thank you for your comment really , happy to hear that .
but what you mean by "final execution"
08-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Looks nice very clean, I would however say there is nothing that kind of unique about it that would make me buy it. If you could insert some kind of killer feature then I would be more inclined to make a purchase

Great work so far though

Screen Invaders is out now! screeninvaders.com/app

Tweet us
08-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attollos Technologies View Post
Looks nice very clean, I would however say there is nothing that kind of unique about it that would make me buy it. If you could insert some kind of killer feature then I would be more inclined to make a purchase

Great work so far though
heyy there thank you for your feedback , i would really be glad to know what would you like me to add as a feature that can make it more valuable.
08-06-2011, 06:10 PM
The game looks potentially good. I suppose the main areas you need to really nail are the controls and the level design. There's not much that really stands out about the app at the moment... what makes it better than the other iOS platformers out there? Also, be careful with your spelling and grammar. If you make mistakes in your marketing materials etc. it can project a less professional/polished image, which people could associate with your game (there were a few mistakes in the teaser video).

Writes app reviews for The Smartphone App Review and maintains AltiApp.com.
Useful developer resource: Mega List of iPhone App Review Sites (Squidoo link: here)
08-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliS View Post
The game looks potentially good. I suppose the main areas you need to really nail are the controls and the level design. There's not much that really stands out about the app at the moment... what makes it better than the other iOS platformers out there? Also, be careful with your spelling and grammar. If you make mistakes in your marketing materials etc. it can project a less professional/polished image, which people could associate with your game (there were a few mistakes in the teaser video).
you're right , i should look for something to make this unique , some kind of feature , i will think about that , and yes the marketing texts should be carefully chosen and checked (y)(y)
08-07-2011, 02:49 AM
The music of the video is stressfull.
What make super meat boy fantastic ? -> the level design.
Many platforme game with the same mecanics exist before meatboy. But they made their success on the level design.

In you video, it seams that the level design is boring.

The maniability seams good, but it's hard to tell on a video.
good teaser.
I like cheese
08-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Some ideas for features:

How about a Swiss cheese where you go through one hole and then randomly come out another?

Flying Cheese board as a craft or weapon?

Have giant mice after you.

How about mousetraps that let you escape from mice, but when you jump on them (and time it right) you get a super boost jump up the screen?

Fantasy Adventure eBook set on a magical writer's desk available for DOWNLOAD @ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9K3KTW
08-07-2011, 09:32 AM
lol funny about the giant mouse following you it's my first boss idea still working on it

i like the idea about the cheese craft/weapon

hmm i take notes