★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Let's Create Pottery HD - 48 Hours Sale! [universal app]

08-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Let's Create Pottery HD - 48 Hours Sale! [universal app]

One of the most innovative app on iOS devices gets major update which offers high-resolution, eye-catching gorgeous 3D graphics, intuitive and fun control system and tons of relaxing moments. The game is available as a Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices and supports retina display and iPad 2 optimization.

Version 1.30 brings on board Game Center Achievements, improved modeling and different background themes as additional content to purchase inside the app. Pottery fans should also value new localizations in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinise, Japanese and Polish.

Let's Create! Pottery HD is on sale for 48 Hours. We decided to cut the price by 80%. Now you will get this amazing app for $0.99 only! This offer ends on Tuesday 9th August, so don’t miss the opportunity to buy the full version at lower price!

Last edited by ArturID; 08-08-2011 at 08:36 AM.
08-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Yay! Been waiting fore this update

08-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturID View Post

One of the most innovative app on iOS devices gets major update which offers high-resolution, eye-catching gorgeous 3D graphics, intuitive and fun control system and tons of relaxing moments. The game is available as a Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices and supports retina display and iPad 2 optimization.

Version 1.30 brings on board Game Center Achievements, improved modeling and different background themes as additional content to purchase inside the app. Pottery fans should also value new localizations in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinise, Japanese and Polish.

Let's Create! Pottery HD is on sale for 48 Hours. We decided to cut the price by 80%. Now you will get this amazing app for $0.99 only! This offer ends on Tuesday 9th August, so don’t miss the opportunity to buy the full version at lower price!
That's great news but I've also noticed that some owners of the previous (and now defunct) iPhone version aren't too happy that they have to buy this version in order to continue to receive updates.

You could have at least done a sale on the brush packs to make up for it (unless previously purchased brush packs can be carried over to the new app?)

Last edited by DelBoy2181; 08-08-2011 at 07:52 AM.
08-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
That's great news but I've also noticed that some owners of the previous (and now defunct) iPhone version aren't too happy that they have to buy this version in order to continue to receive updates.

You could have at least done a sale on the brush packs to make up for it (unless previously purchased brush packs can be carried over to the new app?)

Usually when developer update the application price goes up. We decided to release universal app only for $0.99 to make up the loss for iPhone users. This mean we cut the price by 80%!! Currently you can’t carry anything from one app to another.

Last edited by ArturID; 08-08-2011 at 08:37 AM.
08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post

Yeah exactly. Heaps of games are made universal, except games from the big companies like Gameloft, EA, etc. Even Space Invaders Infinity Gene added universal support for free.

Releasing 2 versions is fine if it's made clear from the start, otherwise it looks like a double dip effort. And It's worse than any other games because the iphone version is defunct. Pay again or get no update: Your choice.

I guess it's ok for those who haven't bought the game yet as they can have the universal version for $0.99.

But for early adopters? Screw them!

Last edited by dnk; 08-08-2011 at 09:12 AM.
08-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm also not happy about this

I've bought the iPhone version for the full price.
You've promised updates that never come.

It would be better for the iPhone users to make Let's Create Pottery HD free for one day
08-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnk View Post
Yeah exactly. Heaps of games are made universal, except games from the big companies like Gameloft, EA, etc. Even Space Invaders Infinity Gene added universal support for free.

Releasing 2 versions is fine if it's made clear from the start, otherwise it looks like a double dip effort. And It's worse than any other games because the iphone version is defunct. Pay again or get no update: Your choice.

I guess it's ok for those who haven't bought the game yet as they can have the universal version for $0.99.

But for early adopters? Screw them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed4mee View Post
I'm also not happy about this

I've bought the iPhone version for the full price.
You've promised updates that never come.

It would be better for the iPhone users to make Let's Create Pottery HD free for one day
Game Center and all the new features + free updates in the future for $0.99. It’s not a good deal?
08-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturID View Post
Game Center and all the new features + free updates in the future for $0.99. It’s not a good deal?
Seriously, it's 99 cents. Think of it as an IAP and skip supersizing your Double Quarter Pounder meal today.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
08-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I think retina display, game center and new features by free updates is normal
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm unable to find the IAP items. Do they unlock only after a certain amount of progress? I'm about 6 orders in.