★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Over 3 million downloads!

Also try SushiChop for iPad!

In SUSHICHOP for iPhone and iPod Touch, your finger is the razor-sharp knife, as you swipe your way to sushi chopping glory!

Cut with precision and skill to fill each tray before the timer runs out. Fill a tray chopping the fewest fish necessary to earn a Perfect Chop bonus, but beware the stinky green fish!

TWO UNIQUE, ENTHRALLING GAME MODES!
Earn as much as you can with 3 lives in Sushi Chop mode, then tackle Sushi Master mode, where you are tasked with slicing only the fish that match the order cards!

Featuring Game Center integration, with leaderboards, achievements, and social network sharing, to compete and brag to your friends about your Sushi Chop conquests!

Retina support for hi-res slicing!

** "This is the best Fruit Ninja clone on the App Store Ive seen yet, because it not only has two different game modes but its also really addictive!" -- PocketFullOfApps.com

** "SushiChop is a great game with above average graphics and audio. . . Dont be too quick to think that this is just another Fruit Ninja clone" -- iGamesCentral.com

** "This game is really really good. I would rate it 6 stars if I could." - Dark Slin

** "Most addictive game since angry birds!" - Tyler Sumner

** "Puts fruit ninja to shame" - Duxlax44

** "Do you prefer fruits or fish? I for one, am sided with fish on this!" - BadBanjo

If you are experiencing crashes or other issues, please email info@sushichop.com
Or, please let us know your device type and iOS version in your review text.

nickbruty's comments:
Hi,

Just wanted to announce our first iphone/ipad game called SushiChop. Chop fish flying through the air to fill Sushi tray. We added a few more design elements to help stand out amongst the crowd.

We made it in 3-4 weeks from scratch using unity. I've been working in the game industry for a number of years and it was so much fun being in a team of 2. Reminds me of the 8 bit days.

Iphone

Ipad HD
http://itunes.apple.com/app/id452467281

Nick Bruty
Co-Founder
Rogue Rocket Games.
http://roguerocketgames.com/
08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbruty View Post
Hi,

Just wanted to announce our first iphone/ipad game called SushiChop. Chop fish flying through the air to fill Sushi tray. We added a few more design elements to help stand out amongst the crowd.

We made it in 3-4 weeks from scratch using unity. I've been working in the game industry for a number of years and it was so much fun being in a team of 2. Reminds me of the 8 bit days.

Nick Bruty
Co-Founder
Rogue Rocket Games.
http://roguerocketgames.com/
While it looks like another "Fruit Ninja" clone, the physics of the fishies look incredible (very realistic rag doll effects as they spin through the air). I also like the concept of a mission mode where you need to slice just a couple of specific fish.

Does the game have any sort of combo system (i.e. is there a big bonus for slicing several fish in a single swipe?)?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

08-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Yes, you need 4 pieces of fish to complete a tray. When you cut the fish in half you can still slice the remaining parts and fill the tray from 1 fish. This is called "perfect Chop"

The combo score goes up if you get consecutive "perfect chops".

You can also get a "Perfect Tray" bonus by slicing Wasabi and Ginger before completing the tray.
08-08-2011, 04:01 PM
This game looks really cool! Like what was already stated, the physics look incredible, and the graphics look great! Definitely a neat spin on an already overused formula. I may just have to get this one!

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
08-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Link and app info?
08-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I picked up th iPhone version since it was $2 cheaper than the iPad but I am playing this on the iPad.

Game concept is pretty good and I like that you are cutting different fish ect to fill the tray. Touch controls seem to work really well and I have not encountered any issues. Graphics are okay, a little fuzzy but again I am playing this on an iPad, although I have played a lot of iPhone games that are very crisp on the iPad.

The cool thing about this game is the rotten fish, this actually makes a lot of sense and fits the game perfectly.
08-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks, I'll look for your name on the leaderboard, see how you are doing.