★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: S.U.B. Steampunk Underwater Battles - By Sandstorm Interactive

08-08-2011, 05:19 PM
S.U.B. Steampunk Underwater Battles - By Sandstorm Interactive

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share with you the news about our latest game S.U.B. Steampunk Underwater Battles: It is under review by Apple and will be released on 08/16 (next Tuesday).

It is a steampunk-themed submarine brawl game!

Key Features:
  • Battle for ocean domination with up to 4 players or bots in free for all or team matches!
  • Prove your S.U.B. combat skills in the Single Player Challenges and post your highscores on Game Center
  • Use the S.U.B. Remote Control App to navigate your submarine wirelessly (Download it for FREE from the AppStore on your iPhone or iPod Touch)
  • Master the different weapons and strategies of each submarine
  • Earn bragging rights by showing your Game Center achievement collection
  • Unleash the Kraken! No one can escape the underwater arenas guarded by the mighty Kraken
  • Incredible Steampunk 3D interactive menu

Without further ado:

Youtube link | Pop Up

For more info you can check out the website:

follow us on www.twitter.com/sandstormi

become a fan on facebook.com/SandstormInteractive

or pop a question here and I'll get back to you =)
08-09-2011, 01:46 PM

Hi Everybody!

Here are some renders from the submarines, I hope you like them!

Roy - The Shark

Trudy - The Squid

Nemo - The Clownfish

Jaques - The Manta
08-14-2011, 04:20 PM
While i was hoping more for a Game similar to Schleichfahrt/Aquanox S.U.B. also looks like it could be a lot of Fun. Looking forward to playing it.

Last edited by Sanuku; 08-15-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Typos
08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
HD Sneak Peek Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Few Minutes of a Press Build i had the chance to play ahead of the Retail Launch. I did indeed had a lot of Fun and while the Game is clearly build for a Party (2 ~ 4 Players ) the Game itself makes a lot of fun even if you are playing it alone.

Trust me when i tell you Guys that the Remote Control System rockz and if you have a huge TV Screen you will love it. Great Work