★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: What kind of god would you be? Benevolent or vengeful? Play Pocket God and discover the answer within yourself. On a remote island, you are the all-powerful god that rules over the primitive islanders. You can bring new life, and then take it away just as quickly. Exercise your powers on the islanders. Lift them in the air, alter gravity, hit them with lightning...you're the island god! All god powers are demonstrated in Pocket God's help menu.

Pocket God is an episodic microgame for you to explore, show your friends and have fun with. We have been growing the game with the help of player suggestions! What sort of godly powers would you like to see added?

More info can be found at our blog:
http://www.boltcreative.com

On Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/PocketGodGame

And on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/PocketGod

Releases:

Ep 1: Nowhere To Go, Nothin' To Do
Ep 2: Does this Megabyte Make My App Look Fat?
Ep 3: You Always Hurt the One You Lava
Ep 4: Shake That App!
Ep 5: A Storm is Coming
Ep 6: And on the 7th Day, Rest!
Ep 7: Just Give Us 5 Minutes
Ep 8: Jump the Shark
Ep 9: Idle Hands
Ep 10: Hi, Dracula!
Ep 11: A Mighty Wind
Ep 12: Something's Fishy
Ep 13: March of the Fire Ants
Ep 14: Say My Name!
Ep 15: A New Home
Ep 16: The Tyrannosaurus Strikes Back!
Ep 17: Return of the Pygmy
Ep 18: Surf's Up
Ep 19: Fun 'n Games Until A Pygmy Gets Hurt
Ep 20: Stop! My App is On Fire!
Ep 21: Flipping the Bird
Ep 22: Ooga Jump
Ep 23: Bait Master
Ep 24: Idle Hands 2: Caught with your Pants Down
Ep 25: Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Attached To Their Heads
Ep 26: Dead Pygmy Walking
Ep 27: Good Will Haunting
Ep 28: Barking Spider, Crouching Pygmy
Ep 29: The Pyg Chill
Ep 30: Great Job Ice Hole
Ep 31: What's the Story Morning Gory?
Ep 31B: What's the Story Morning Gory? Part II
Ep 32: Crack is Wack
Ep 33: A Pygmy A Day Keeps the Ape Away
Ep 34: Monkey See, Monkey Chew
Ep 35: Double Rainbow All The Way Across The Sky
Ep 36: Konkey Dong
Ep 37: The Moron Pests
Ep 38: Two and a Half Pygmies
Ep 39: Challenge of the Gods
Ep 40: Battle of the Gods.
Ep 41: I Sting The Body Electric
Ep 42: Bone Soup
Ep 43: Killing Time
Ep 44: The Perfect Swarm
Ep 45: Dance Dance Execution
Ep 46: Germs of Endearment
Ep 47: Apocalypse, Ow!

davecazz's comments:
Hey Guys,

Our 40th update will be here on Wednesday. This is quite the milestone for us, neither Allan or I thought we would actually be working on the same game over 2 and a half years. Although, now that we are here, I know we will hit 50 updates and likely go well beyond that.

Allan and I just got back from San Diego Comic Con a couple weeks ago, and I highly suggest checking it out of you get the chance. It's very cool, you get to meet the people that make your favorite comics, video games, tv shows and movies. Most of the booths have really cool exclusive stuff that you can't find in stores and our booth was no exception. While we were there to support the comic since Ape Entertainment owned the booth we were located at, we were giving away posters, figures, and our new t-shirts for free or a very low price as long as you purchased the comic. We got to meet a lot of fans which is always fun for us. If you plan on going next year, make your reservations super early, it sells out incredibly quick. Also, in the next month or so we should be adding our new t-shirts and posters to the Pocket Shop.

So, this update is basically a continuation of the God Island saga. Now that you unlocked all your idols, you get to do battle with them. The main game is single player, each god has their own 4 idols that they battle with and you have to beat each god to unlock the Deva idol. We are checking into the new Game Center turn based multiplayer and hopefully we will be able to sneak a multiplayer version of the game in one of the next couple updates.

The basic game is based on Rock Paper Scissors. Each idol has an attack type (Strong, Fast, Counter) which is the main RPS battle that determines who causes damage in the turn but idols also have a Realm type (Aeris, Oceanus, Infernis, Pax, Animus) which is a 5 way RPS battle that determines whether that idol's realm power is activated. Realm powers can do various things, they can reduce the damage that an enemy does to you, give you a bonus on your attack, give you healing or even freeze a random opponent's idol for a number of turns. You need to choose your idols carefully so you don't expose yourself to certain types of attacks or realm powers and Idols that might be weak at attacks probably have really strong realm powers.

This game is a bit of a curve ball for Pocket God but our app has always been a way for Allan and I to experiment with things that interest us and I always wanted to code a turn based fighting game. I think it turned out really well, there is definitely a strategy to it and you have to think through how to approach different bad guys. It will be interesting once we get the multiplayer version of the game running because I think it will be fun to try and out think someone else's attacks.

The skin pack for this update is the mafia pack. It turned out really well. You can change the moon into a pizza pie and the outhouse is a jail. I think everyone will really like it.

Other than that, this week we are restructuring a bit in order make sure we don't kill ourselves with our Christmas deadlines. We are starting a new Pocket God project (that will hopefully be complete by the holidays) and will have 2 good updates for both PG and PGU by then as well. The new project will be in secret mode for a while, maybe I'll give more hints in the next SOTI. Although I think some people here might be able to figure it out.

Youtube link | Pop Up

08-09-2011, 02:58 AM
AWESOME! Looks Epic! Can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

08-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Also with the 'Secret Plan' any clues as to whether that will be its own game or an update?

App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
08-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Wow the update looks really cool. I can't/can wait for the new update to come out on the app store! Also about your secret project are you aiming for that to come out by the end of the year too or next year sometime?
08-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar
Is that...Cthulhu?!

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.
08-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Wow i now understand why it took you guys so long i would have understood if this would have taken you one year wouldnever have expected anything this great a big applause to the devs.
Ps. Im totally gonna buy. The skin pack because im totally supporting you!!!

And what will be first the jtu update or the pocket god update?

Night of the living dead? Damn right it is! - John Gore

Last edited by P.T.; 08-09-2011 at 08:51 AM.
08-09-2011, 09:18 AM
I Can't wait for the update to come out. The battle sounds a bit confusing. Maybe it's because I'm reading the SOTI while getting ready for school. About the secret project. If it's a new app I would like to beta test it.

#1 apps: Pocket God and Pocket God: Journey To Uranus
Happily beta testing Pocket God and Pocket God: Journey to Uranus with Allan, Dave and other people of Bolt Creative.
08-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Pocket God

The update looks awesome!! Can't wait for it to come out!!!

Last edited by BlackboardTest; 08-09-2011 at 11:07 AM.
08-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I love this game! Looking forward to another great update, keep up the good work!
08-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackboardTest View Post
The update looks awesome!! Can't wait for it to come out!!!
Oh, are you going to get beta testers to to try out the "secret project"? If so I'd love to try it out.
I think if they wanted testers they would choose people that are a bit more experienced with IOS gaming.....