★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre:
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 16.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Save Yammi! Draw the rope to feed him with delicious cookies! Discover this clever puzzle game with amazing graphics and animation where YOU have the power to draw the rope on the screen!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRAW THE ROPE and FEED YAMMI WITH COOKIES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game design of Save Yammi requires you to think outside the box, drawing an on-screen rope that will let you feed a delicious cookie to Yammi! It features over 130 different levels, each one packed with various ways in which you can feed his appetite, while collecting stars for bonus points. Using a fine mixture of touch-screen and gyroscopic controls, players will have to be the most creative possible to get the highest scores!

In addition to a variety of stages, Save Yammi also features beautiful high-quality visuals and uniquely animated characters, along with full support for GameCenter, so you can keep track of your accomplishments.

-------------------------------------------
PRESS ABOUT SAVE YAMMI:
------------------------------------------
SLIDE TO PLAY: "This physics game roped us in MUST HAVE
TOCHMYAPPS: "...an easy recommendation for any fan of the puzzle genre." ! "Kiss it" 5 of 5 rating !
148APPS: Save Yammi is an innovative puzzler
IPHONES.CO.IL : "One of the best Puzzles on the AppStore" !
GAMERTELL: "Two Thumbs Up!"
GAMERS DAILY NEWS: "...brilliant addition to your library"

GDN: GOLD Award - 9.5/10 !
GAMEDYNAMO Editor's Choice: Save Yammi
The Gamer's Temple AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Save Yammi

-----------------
FEATURES
-----------------
Funny Yammi, the best cookies lover in the world!!!
Draw the rope directly on the screen
Tilt your iPhone to move cookies
130 diversified levels
High-quality graphics and sounds
Lots of different ways to complete levels
Many States (Washington, California, Texas, Florida, New York, Virginia etc)
Game Center with tons of achievements

-----------------
STORYLINE
-----------------
One day a little octopus Yammi, the hero of our game, was swimming in waters of the Mexican Gulf. Suddenly, an angry, hungry and a bit crazy shark appeared and started chasing him. While escaping, Yammi spotted a big and strange pipe on the floor of Gulf. Having no choice, he decided to pull the plug and hide himself inside the pipe. But the pipe sucked him in and soon enough he found himself in Seattle, Washington. The crazy shark was also sucked in into the pipe, but got stuck in it. On the other end of the pipe Yammi continues to adventure though the pipes, facing numerous life-threatening situations, as he searches for his way home. Help Yammi return to the Gulf of Mexico. Feed the little octopus regularly so that he has he has the strength to get back home.

--------------------------------
CURIOUS? More info on:
--------------------------------
bulkypix.com
facebook.com/Bulkypix
twitter.com/Bulkypix
youtube.com/Bulkypix

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=103427
08-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Is it me or does that creature, Yammi or whatever its name is, bear a resemblance to the one from Cut The Rope?

08-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
Is it me or does that creature, Yammi or whatever its name is, bear a resemblance to the one from Cut The Rope?
The character only?

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
08-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Hard to say.....

Hmmmm... Hommage, rip-off, or next step ? Or is it all three ?

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
08-09-2011, 06:50 PM
HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15. Minutes of Gameplay.

Last edited by Sanuku; 08-11-2011 at 07:36 PM.
08-09-2011, 08:37 PM
I thought Bulkypix was better than this.
08-09-2011, 08:40 PM
@red ribbon and @soldat7 - may you are making a giant leap off the cliff of wrong conclusions. Why don't we actually , hmmmmm, I don't know, maybe get some facts? Probably asking too much in the world of today.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
@red ribbon and @soldat7 - may you are making a giant leap off the cliff of wrong conclusions. Why don't we actually , hmmmmm, I don't know, maybe get some facts? Probably asking too much in the world of today.
I'm all ears. Tell me why and how this isn't a complete pillage of what Zepto has created both visually, aurally, and thematically?
08-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat7 View Post
I'm all ears. Tell me why and how this isn't a complete pillage of what Zepto has created both visually, aurally, and thematically?
As much as I like Bulkypix, I have to agree with soldat7...

While this is not a proper shameless copy - the gameplay seems different -, visually the game has absolutely no originality and, while charming, it has its charm completely based on another game.

I know I should judge this game after I play it. HOWEVER, I also think that Bulkypix knew what they were doing when they decided to release a game with that visuals / characters / character name / game elements, so... yeah...
08-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I, for one, am staying away from this. I know there are a lot of similar games on iTunes, but this blows the mark ! I'm not going to support people who do this kind of thing so blatantly.

I know it's only a dollar, but no matter, you're not getting one from me ! And I won't download when it (inevitably) goes free. It's just the plain principle of the thing !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !