★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mosaic! (was free at the beginning, now 4.99$)

04-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Mosaic! (was free at the beginning, now 4.99$)

it was free when it arrived to app store... now is 4.99. wish i grabbed it then, now will wait for someone to tofit.

- Mosaic! (4.99$)

Enjoy hours of fun with this mind-bending and super-addictive puzzle game. Clear the board by jumping one colorful tile over another. A bewitching brain teaser, Mosaic poses infinite variety and will test your logic and spacial instinct as you try to get down to a single tile in as few moves as possible.

Detailed instructions along with an engaging original soundtrack make this an excellent pickup-and-play game for those short mental breaks. Respects the ringer switch so you're never surprised by music going off during a meeting.

EDIT: i don't why in app store it says "Released Jul 19, 2008".

Last edited by pante; 04-25-2009 at 05:08 AM.
04-25-2009, 05:15 AM
Wish I'd have picked this up when it was released for free
04-25-2009, 06:08 AM
i was able to get this earlier.

main objective is to clear the board of tiles. if you have "chroma quest", this is the more polished and difficult version. both games combine and split colors but this one also combines and splits symbols.

you get 5 puzzles that you can modify the difficulty (beginner, easy, normal, advanced, challenging, expert and insane).

there's a moves counter but i do not understand how it affects the game. i tried the first puzzle (easy mode) several times, each time ending up with a different number of total moves but i got the same message every time:

what does -1 mean? i assumed there's a "par" number but i can't find it anywhere and -1 doesn't change whether i finish the puzzle with 25 or 27 moves.

no scoring and no par moves. i originally thought the puzzles don't change but if you actually restart the application, you get a different set.

Last edited by zvnthynn; 04-25-2009 at 06:26 AM.