★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kung Fu Monk

08-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Kung Fu Monk

An iPhone/iPod-only build of "Kung Fu Monk" is now available - "FREE" for the first 24 hours

Kung Fu Monk - Oolong's Quest (SD)

---

The newly updated 1.1 Universal "HD" build of Kung Fu Monk is on sale for 99 cents.

Kung Fu Monk - Oolong's Quest (HD)
08-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I've got the HD build... and this game is pretty damn awesome!! Reminds me a lot of early 90's beat-em-ups!! Totally recommend you guys check it out!
08-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I've got the HD build... and this game is pretty damn awesome!! Reminds me a lot of early 90's beat-em-ups!! Totally recommend you guys check it out!
Gotta disagree. Pretty awful game by any standards. Sorta like the old 16-bit 'walk to the right and beat down baddies' games but poor graphics, awkward controls, and no charm.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
08-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
awww... well I really enjoy it... takes me back to when I use to play Double Dragon over at my friends house all night... =oP
08-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I really don't care if people love it or hate it (ok, I lied). But I spared no expense to make it and it came our exactly as planned. It's a love poem to 8 bit martial arts games (Karateka, Kung Fu master, Shinobi, and Last Apostle Puppet Show)... throwback to the days before 2 1/2d beat em ups took over. Oolong has a lot of techniques at his disposal, and you'll need to master them all to have a chance at completing this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
awww... well I really enjoy it... takes me back to when I use to play Double Dragon over at my friends house all night... =oP