Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
I think it's a bit to early to ask that....

No, not too early.

Special in a way... well, after a while playing it, you start to recognize that this isn't just another generic Action RPG (like we have seen a lot in the last time). There was a lot of love evolved in the design process and you just know that the devs had fun making the game... everything is detailed, characters are believable - because besides being heroes, they all have their little flaws.

One of the coolest things is that you can create things and trade all your stuff and loot online with other players.

Just two bucks is a crazy price for such a polished game.

Last edited by Vovin; 08-10-2011 at 07:21 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 AM
iPhone 4

... ... ... ... ...

So... ... ... ... am I still playing the same old button mashing game with lots of grinding (without IAP) and piles of junk loot/material only with a better story line and detailed animation?

I personally would ignore all the positive/negative aspects of a game and rate it solely on the gameplay, in which case the combat system. Can you please describe and compare it to other games of the same type?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Perhaps the best of today? Purchase of the week? Will this take me away from Trap Hunter (which is awesome BTW)...Did this dev team make Fantastic Knight too? Art looks similar....either way i can tell from this thread the game isnt our basic KRPG.....im wondering if its gonna be as good , if not better than Ragnarok violet? Ragnarok was done pretty freakin well if you ask me...

Last edited by Trev1; 08-10-2011 at 08:18 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 08:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

fantasy knights, their last game, has pretty bad dialogues.
and the combat system is not fun at all.

i don't understand why people like it so much.
zenonia 3 has a much better story, graphic, but the IAP ruined it.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmiracle View Post
fantasy knights, their last game, has pretty bad dialogues.
and the combat system is not fun at all.

i don't understand why people like it so much.
zenonia 3 has a much better story, graphic, but the IAP ruined it.
I have to disagree most of the KRPGS have bad dialogue but that one wasnt as bad as most and the storyline was vast and done well...compared to most of the dev teams of the genre these guys seem to do very well..and were good in replies and support.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Perhaps the best of today? Purchase of the week? Will this take me away from Trap Hunter (which is awesome BTW)...Did this dev team make Fantastic Knight too? Art looks similar....either way i can tell from this thread the game isnt our basic KRPG.....im wondering if its gonna be as good , if not better than Ragnarok violet? Ragnarok was done pretty freakin well if you ask me...

Yes, it was made by the Fantastic Knight team and is - in my humble opinion - a huge improvement.

Last edited by Vovin; 08-10-2011 at 08:31 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

How is the grinding?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

All I friggin' want is a solid atmospheric KRPG with a DECENT FRAMERATE. We have gorgeous 2D games like Glowfish, Emberwind and the Cave shooters on the platform yet all these KRPG guys (from Zenonia to Maple Story) all seem to go for a cellphone game-style 15fps which makes the games feel choppy and unresponsive. This is the reason why I don't play em, they're just not fun to me.

Will buy this game instantly if that's fixed but it doesn't look like it in the video. Still giving it benefit of the doubt though, since iOS game footage often looks choppy in trailers for some reason.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 AM
iPad mini

Couldn't help putting some credits on the NZ account for this! I wish it WORKED though!

Installed it immediately on my iPad 2 and the game suffers from hyper-speed syndrome. All the animations, movement, etc are WAY TOO FAST! This was the case with another game as well, I forget which one. I hope this gets fixed... haven't tried it on any other device yet.

EDIT: Noticed there's a SPEED slider in the options menu... odd. Tried setting it at a suitable speed yet it seems to have sacrificed on animations as they are no longer as smooth as they were when everything was sped up. Hmm...

Last edited by KiddToKmart; 08-10-2011 at 09:07 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 10:38 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese015 View Post
All I friggin' want is a solid atmospheric KRPG with a DECENT FRAMERATE. We have gorgeous 2D games like Glowfish, Emberwind and the Cave shooters on the platform yet all these KRPG guys (from Zenonia to Maple Story) all seem to go for a cellphone game-style 15fps which makes the games feel choppy and unresponsive. This is the reason why I don't play em, they're just not fun to me.

Will buy this game instantly if that's fixed but it doesn't look like it in the video. Still giving it benefit of the doubt though, since iOS game footage often looks choppy in trailers for some reason.

It's because of the video framerate. If a recording only captures every second frame, it looks choppy. For example: a vid that has a framerate of 60 images per second, the recording only runs at 25-30 images per seconds, you get hiccups in the vid.