★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED NYX QUEST IS ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME. GRAB THIS EPIC GAME WHILE YOU CAN!

Experience the awesome story of Nyx, an enigmatic winged girl who has descended from heaven to search of her missing friend Icarus. Soar over the ruins of ancient Greece and avoid falling into blazing sands or perishing in the claws of cruel harpies and hydras in this unique platforming adventure. Summon the powers of Zeus and other benevolent Gods from Olympus to cast rays, modify the scenery and control winds at your wish...

Press Quotes
"by far the definitive version of Over The Top Games' critically acclaimed adventure." Modojo, 4/5 Stars

NyxQuest Highlights
Gorgeous visuals bring the ruins of the ancient Greek world back to life in style.
Unique mixture of classic platforming and clever puzzles like nothing that you have played on the App Store.
Get engrossed in the world of Greek mythology and uncover the story behind Nyx.
Use the powers of Zeus to cast rays to move huge objects and solve tricky puzzles.
Avoid a myriad of obstacles from scorching sands to bottomless pits.
Destroy Hades minions that get in your way; crush enemies using the powers of the Gods.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nyxquest-lite/id448629662?mt=8

iPad Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=103493
08-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Cool, wasn`t expecting this One.

08-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Wow, didn't know this one is coming.
08-10-2011, 05:25 AM
...This item is being modified. Please try again later...
08-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Wow, didn't know this one is coming.
Neither did I. It's gonna be one long day.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Just tried the lite (which let's you play the first, fairly long, level) on my iPhone 4. Freaking gorgeous -- in fact, it looks pretty darn close to the Mac/PC version. The framerate is surprisingly good, and the controls could very well be slightly better than on the Mac, since manipulating objects feels a bit more natural on a touch screen than with a mouse. The only concern I have is that sometimes an object you need to move ends up under one of the screen controls, which means you have to move around a bit to complete the task -- not a big deal.

I'll be picking up the full version tonight for sure.
08-10-2011, 08:01 AM
This game was awesome on Wiiware. Should be even better on iPad. It isn't super-long, though, and it could use more variety.

Not sure why the file size ballooned so much. I thought the Wiiware file size limit was 40 MB. Maybe better graphics, universal?

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
08-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
This game was awesome on Wiiware. Should be even better on iPad. It isn't super-long, though, and it could use more variety.

Not sure why the file size ballooned so much. I thought the Wiiware file size limit was 40 MB. Maybe better graphics, universal?
For .99 it's tough to complain about length (which, if I remember correctly from the Mac version, it's about 3-4 hours. The PC/Mac version had enhanced graphics and this one is universal, so that may account for the larger size. BTW, the game has a MetaCritic score of 82 -- not too shabby.

EDIT: it's actually not universal. Oh well. I kind of prefer playing platformers on my iPhone, but it would have been nice to had a choice.

Last edited by squarezero; 08-10-2011 at 08:22 AM.
08-10-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm glad there's a lite. I'll grab that when it hits Japan in about an hour and try to leave impressions. Thanks SZ.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
08-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
For .99 it's tough to complain about length (which, if I remember correctly from the Mac version, it's about 3-4 hours. The PC/Mac version had enhanced graphics and this one is universal, so that may account for the larger size. BTW, the game has a MetaCritic score of 82 -- not too shabby.

EDIT: it's actually not universal. Oh well. I kind of prefer playing platformers on my iPhone, but it would have been nice to had a choice.
Yes, for 99 cents there should be no complaints about length. I paid $10 for it on Wiiware and got 3 hours out of it.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.