★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dotomchi
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 61.9 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Let's be the savior of the Fortune world.

"Defense of Fortune : The Savior" is Episode 3 of The Fortune Chronicle Series.
"Rebirth of Fortune" and "Sorcerer of Fortune" are in The Fortune Chronicle Series, these games were SRPG and Puzzle.
The Defense of Fortune is a new challenge as a defense style game.

The goal of the game

The goal is defending castles with request of every lord of castles in the world.
You have to defeat all of the enemies before tearing the castles down.
Save all of the castles from enemies and upgrade units and facilities with money which gained by defeating enemies.
Ultimately, eliminate the conspiracy of Ancient Dragon which is a mother of evil.

Rule of the game

1. You must defend the castle.
"Wave" is that monsters are approaching to the castle continuously.
There are about 18 to 50 monsters in a Wave.

2. You can use 8 units which are Soldier, Thief, Ninja, Knight as Assault Units and Archer, Healer, Gunner, Sorcerer as Long Range Units.

3. You can block the enemies by placing Assault Units on the field or Long Range Units on the castle.
You can upgrade ability of units with money.

4. The Healer gather The Ether to supply money without attack.
You Tap the icon above it, get some money.

5. The Sorcerer has the magic of Thunderbolt and Meteor with normal attack.
You need to see the magic icon above it.

6. The Catapult can attack many of the enemies at the same time.
You can upgrade It's capacity, accuracy, power, reload time with money.

7. You can build the tower on field side with a big money.
You can place long range units on the tower in the path of monsters.
It makes easy to defend castle.

8. If the castle durability gage becomes zero by the monster's attack, then the game is over.

Support to "Game Center"

Defense of Fortune supports to game center.
You can compete with another users all of the world.
Also try to achieve achievements hidden in the game.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=99283
08-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I really enjoyed the iPhone version of this, which was only marred by distinctly low-def visuals. Therefore, I'm excited at the prospect of playing it on my iPad. But at $4.99 (2.99)? I'm not so sure.

[EDIT]: At $2.99 (1.99), I'm still not so sure! Drop it to a buck and I'm in...

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

Last edited by Simon Potticary; 08-11-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Price Drop
08-11-2011, 02:12 PM
This is a very grindy game but I'll definitely bite at $2.99. Buying now.

Game Center ID: NoThru22
08-12-2011, 10:01 AM
The controls for dropping the guys into the lanes is still a bit wonky. If you don't drop the guy directly into the square box, which is hard in isometric 3D, then he simply disappears and you have to bring your finger back to the selection menu. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is when your base is getting pounded from all four lanes.

Game Center ID: NoThru22
11-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Although I am quite enjoying the game, I have to admit that the grinding is a little bit too much. Well done from a graphic point of view.

One thing that really bugs me is that you are able to move the whole playing field!

Lots of times, when I'm dragging a unit on the playing field I miss and drag the whole field instead, loosing time and firepower, 'cause I have to drag the unit again. Also, it is just annoying as hell to have the whole field move, when there is no use for it. I can't even zoom in. Not that this were necessary on the iPad...

What is the use of this feature? Maybe it is useful on iPhone/iPod, but the iPad version could do without.

Please be so kind as to turn this off in a coming update!!!
11-12-2011, 11:50 AM
yeah i really liked DOFUS Battles so i thought i would like this too, but there is so much grinding, you have to REALLY be a fan of this genre to play without IAP. i didn't like the map moving either. but otherwise, the mechanics are solid and graphics are good.