★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tap, swipe and hold to guide Flip, The Last Rocket, through 64 rooms of spikes, fans, mines, flamejets and more. Collect all the scattered Memory Gears to help AMI, the onboard Autonomous Mechanical Intelligence, escape before the ship falls into a star! Featuring 8-bit graphics, 12 original chiptunes, multiple endings and challenging achievements.

INCOMING TRANSMISSIONS:

10/10 AppStorm

The Last Rocket deserves a spot in every iOS gamers library. 148Apps

The Last Rocket conjures the Game Boy Colors pixilation and cartoonish charms with the skill of a practiced understudy. Edge Magazine

Its almost worth it for the art style alone, but fortunately theres a smart, well-designed puzzle game coated in that sharp aesthetic. Kotaku

The Last Rocket will try your reflexes and test your wits, at the same time it steals your heart, girds your determination, and forces you to become a better player.
Pocketful of Megabytes

Retro visuals have become such a staple they're beginning to feel like they're modern again, but Shaun Inman's The Last Rocket proves it's not just about the look, it's about the entire aesthetic of the game, from the simple and easy to pick up gameplay to the sounds coming out it retro is a design principle, not just a pair of pixilated pants. Touch Arcade

The Last Rocket is a charming distraction with a wonderful retro-chic art style. Pocket Gamer

The game really shines in its later stages, when players must combine both brains and fast fingers. IGN

Its like a Game Boy Advance gem you just discovered. Adam Atomic Saltsman, Creator of Canabalt

ROCKET OUT TO THE SOUNDTRACK

http://shauninman.com/lastrocket/soundtrack.html

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

08-11-2011, 06:03 AM
It looks good, anyone willing to try it?

Last edited by TheFrost; 08-11-2011 at 06:06 AM.

08-11-2011, 06:16 AM
I snagged it. The controls are pretty intuitive but took me a minute or two to get the hang of (sort of). Anyone with more skill than me with games on the iPhone, which I'm sure is most of you, should have no problem.

Very nice retro look/feel and worth checking out... though the price might put off some people.
08-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure Industries View Post
I snagged it. The controls are pretty intuitive but took me a minute or two to get the hang of (sort of). Anyone with more skill than me with games on the iPhone, which I'm sure is most of you, should have no problem.

Very nice retro look/feel and worth checking out... though the price might put off some people.
Thanks, i put this on my whishlist

Edit: Could you tell me how many levels does it have?

Last edited by TheFrost; 08-11-2011 at 06:23 AM.
08-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Could you tell me how many levels does it have?
The app description says 64 rooms.
08-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Thanks, i put this on my whishlist

Edit: Could you tell me how many levels does it have?
Heh... I'm not THAT good but the description says 64 as Appletini mentioned
08-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Hmmm, looks interesting... but what the video doesn't show is how the controls actually work, in terms of finger input...
Where do you touch? How do you touch? etc.
I'm not a fan of seeing demo videos on emulators, and I'd much rather see a recording of someone actually playing it on an iPad so I can see how the player actually interacts with the screen.
As Vic and Bob would say, we really wanna see those fingers!

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
This looks like it would frustrate the hell out of me, in a good way. Considering.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
08-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
Where do you touch?
Taps and gestures can be performed anywhere on the screen.

Quote:
How do you touch?
When in flight, a tap anywhere on the screen will reverse your direction. If you're suspended in air by a fan, you'll swipe in whatever direction you'd like to go. When standing, you press and hold on the screen to "duck", and you fly up when you release your hold. You can "step" left and right by using a gesture in the direction of where you'd like to move.

This game is great. It's challenging in the later levels, but never frustrating, and there are lots of hidden secrets to discover. The touch controls are not a problem. Having said that, I'd love to see support added for the iCade. With the nice retro vibe that this game has, I'm guessing that this would play great on there.
08-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah 1.99 is a bit higher than usual but having played it, it's a lovely little slice of retro goodness. Nice style to the graphics, full of character. Chip tunes are very NES inspired... nice.

Seems to be quite a bit of hidden stuff too.

Designer//Illustrator//Gamer
www.treasurestudio.co.uk