★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SteamPunk Bill

08-11-2011, 07:54 AM
SteamPunk Bill

New game from BBEnk.co SteamPunk Bill available on iPhone/iTouch and soon for iPad.

http://bbenk.com/SteamPunk_Bill.html

Last edited by BBEnk.com; 08-11-2011 at 08:01 AM.
08-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmmm... doesn't look half bad in the vid... hopefully the controls and physics are as nice as they seem... =oP

08-11-2011, 08:30 AM
This is what i love about iOS ! This game comes from nowhere, watched the youtube video. Looks a great Mario style game plus with a vertical level as well as the usual horizontal scrolling ones

Instant buy for me, downloading now
08-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
This is what i love about iOS ! This game comes from nowhere, watched the youtube video. Looks a great Mario style game plus with a vertical level as well as the usual horizontal scrolling ones

Instant buy for me, downloading now
=o)

Hope to hear impressions soon.
08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Well its not too bad, firstly its made with Gamesalad, must admit those games i normally avoid.

The levels are quite short but are a bit different, some are the standard Mario Land type levels, another is on top of a 'train' and i'm now on i think its world 1-4 which is vertical.

The controls seemed unresponsive at first but i've got used to them now. Tap jump for a small jump, keep your finger on it for a rocket type jump (once you get the rocket). On one level there were 'crushers' moving slowly up and down, i thought i could stand against them (obviously not under them) but the second i touched the side i just restarted at the beginning which was a bit off putting, not even a noise like i've died or that.

But i kept playing it as i like platform games, it'll be one of those games i'll want to keep going back to to complete. I've closed the game down (not terminated it) as i'm worried i wont be able to resume !

Worth the 69p i think, like i say with Gamesalad games you have to lower your expectations down i think (I've hardly found a stunning gamesalad game) but its got some variety from what i've seen. As a free game it would have been a great pickup, 69p ? Well its great value but if you compare it to other 69p platformers it doesnt seem as professional. But a nice effort. Glad i bought it
08-11-2011, 08:56 AM
thank you for that... I'll stay away from this one...

I really can't stand GameSalad games... the controls are always kind of unresponsive, and the games always has some jittery gameplay... =o/

Oh well...
08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks for review I will definitely take notes for update.

1. sorry there is no resume I will fix that or add level unlock.
2. later levels are longer are taller in some case's
3. So what I made was 8 worlds each with 4 version's for 32 boards for now
4. the Rocket you start and always have it's the gun you have to get.
5. I have already submitted a update for a few minor bugs you may not even notice and a cheat my nephew found.
6. yea you can't touch the crushers aka pounder's lol I really did not want the player to be able to stand there with man running without chance of dying so I wil fix that so it's more obvious that you can't touch them.

I worked really hard on this game for 4 months and may not be perfect but I'm proud of the results and yes it was made with gamesalad the greatest game development tool ever if you ask me.
08-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEnk.com View Post
yes it was made with gamesalad the greatest game development tool ever if you ask me.
too bad most of us know better... =o/
08-18-2011, 02:54 PM
SteamPunk Bill 1.1 has been released fixes the Collision with crushers so now they only kill you if your under them and being crushed also added level unlock so you can start at level you stopped on and fixed a few minor bugs also added a little death sequence when you are killed just a simple character spin with words of death such as crushed or spiked.

I did just notice another bug but nothing major just a gear turning backwards on a steam-portal I already fixed for next update but doe's not effect gameplay in any way.

unfortunately only about 4 people have downloaded and one of those was me, lol so these fixes are for you enjoy.

also now available on iPad.