★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ouch! Lite released!

04-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Ouch! Lite released!

Hey everyone... our original thread for Ouch! has sort of died down, so we're starting a new thread with the news that a Lite version of Ouch! was recently approved by Apple, and now available in the App Store!

LITE VERSION
itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...&mt=8&s=143441

FULL VERSION ($2.99)
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306932189

For those unaware, here's a quick description of the game (from the app description, excuse the copy and paste )

---

Ouch! is an open-ended game about flinging a customizable "rag doll" character through a variety of scenes featuring a huge array of objects, with realistic physics and sounds. For each scene, you are given a "score" based on how much damage the character has taken. The controls are simple: tilt the device to slightly alter gravity, guiding the character into objects -- swipe a finger on the screen to "nudge" the character -- or touch on-screen interactive props such as pinball flippers, cannons, rockets, cars, and more to cause even more damage!

other random screenshots:
04-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I just bought it yesterday. I am glad the lite is out though. Just a thought (don't listen to me ), do you think that you could make unlimited flinging? That is my favorite part! So far, the flings/flicks are limited. Thanks!

04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
04-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSpentYouth View Post
I just bought it yesterday. I am glad the lite is out though. Just a thought (don't listen to me ), do you think that you could make unlimited flinging? That is my favorite part! So far, the flings/flicks are limited. Thanks!
That takes a bit away from the game part of the game. Then it would be easy to rack up humungous scores, and each level wouldn't be as unique. There are some levels, however, that have a lot, if not unlimited, flicking.
04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
That takes a bit away from the game part of the game. Then it would be easy to rack up humungous scores, and each level wouldn't be as unique. There are some levels, however, that have a lot, if not unlimited, flicking.
Yes, but I just end up watching the timer tick down because he often gets stuck and I can't flick him out. (The titling doesn't always work either)
04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
You can make custom levels with unlimited flicking at least

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
04-26-2009, 03:24 PM
yep when making a level there are options for number of touches. and unlimited is an option. i dont do it usually as it can make it a bit easier

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
04-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
yep when making a level there are options for number of touches. and unlimited is an option. i dont do it usually as it can make it a bit easier
Ok, thanks! I don't care about the points, it is just fun to flick all day long