Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-13-2011, 06:34 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I've reached 2.5mil more than 10 times, but I keep hitting a wall around 3mil Why aren't your scores being recorded?
Not paying for online pass (will eventually get it)

I'm saving some credits for next week's releases (never know what goodies I will find) and there's no itune gift card discounts I can count on so I have to save where possible. Will buy more gift cards when the next sale comes.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:19 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Searched the thread but didn't see an answer to this question. What do the IAP ships offer over the standard ship?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serian View Post
Searched the thread but didn't see an answer to this question. What do the IAP ships offer over the standard ship?
Different gameplay...

The Corsair offers missile lock, and is primarily a missile firing ship. The Mirage offers a more laser oriented type of firing, and if you don't move the ship for a second, it starts to fire a massive laser that gets bigger and bigger until it needs to cool down, or until you move the ship again. =o)

Both offer different types of tactical gameplay... like it's been said in the original Phoenix thread, it's like 2 more games with a Phoenix skin... =o)

Both ships have the same amount of damage, so it's not like you can just buy one of them and shoot your way up the leaderboards... you'll still need to learn how to use that ship...
Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Not to mention how cool the missile trails and gatling gun from the Corsair look. And how amazing the laser effects on the Mirage look. Totally worth 99c extra for each ship. It completely changes how you play the game and exponentially increases the game's replay value.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:07 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

The Corsair is by far my favorite ship! After a few weapon updates, when there's a swarm of missiles going everywhere, it totally reminds me of the Robotech anime of the 80's!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:00 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehomer View Post
The Corsair is by far my favorite ship! After a few weapon updates, when there's a swarm of missiles going everywhere, it totally reminds me of the Robotech anime of the 80's!
The corsair looks much better on the hd version of Phoenix. Btw, I tried buying a ship in lightning fighter, and encountered the same problem as in Phoenix HD. No problem purchasing on iphone4, only on iPad.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:58 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Something very weird I neve experienced with the old version ... The controls lag. Sometimes my ship just gets stuck or reacts very slow. At first I thought it was my imagination, but is has happened to often now.

I never had this in the old version ....
Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Haven't noticed anything of the sort here. One issue I did notice was that Mirage cancels out Alpha Strikes due to the Nightfury charging. Not sure if this was intended.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:13 PM

I also think a new, separate leaderboard for Phoenix HD is a must. I'm finding it much more difficult to rack up a high score (original version of Phoenix is over 4 mil, have only broken 1 mil once so far).

I'm fine with this but think it necessitates a separate leaderboard for what is, after all, being billed as an entirely new game (experience). Just a suggestion, of course. But a good one. :]
Old 08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
I also think a new, separate leaderboard for Phoenix HD is a must. I'm finding it much more difficult to rack up a high score (original version of Phoenix is over 4 mil, have only broken 1 mil once so far).

I'm fine with this but think it necessitates a separate leaderboard for what is, after all, being billed as an entirely new game (experience). Just a suggestion, of course. But a good one. :]
Makes sense to me. Especially since I've already bought the original and the 2 ships in the original. Loving the new look, but I'm less inclined to pick up the same IAP a second time.