Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-20-2012, 03:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Focus Vision is definitely a visual embellishment, much like the backgrounds, more than it is a functional enhancement and as such it makes sense that there should be an option to disable it.

Also, I'm #2 in Asia with the Trinity! But, when I was looking at the ship specific ranks, the #1 in the world is held by someone in Europe with 33mil, and when I switch to the default ranks the #1 is some guy in Australia with 12mil... very odd.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:38 AM
iPhone (Original)

Send a message via MSN to Selachii Send a message via Skype™ to Selachii

Great feedback guys. First up, Phoenix HD 2.0.1 is rolling out as we speak, which fixes the issue some people had, like Poli (thanks for the crash reports!)

@sapphire: I don't know if you are a married man (i'm not), but I heard honeymoons aren't always what they seem Anyway, your feedback is much appreciated and much discussed here at Firi Games. I will not reflect upon everything your wrote at this point as I think we'll gradually get there.
Regarding the screenshot where you ask if we want people to buy drones, no, but we want the game to become harder when you progress. In the previous version there were a couple of hard turrets that were only used in a couple of mid ranged setups. Hence the 'end game' did not contain the most difficult possibilities. This model has completely been revised and was implemented regardless of boosts players might rely on. It is amazing players got to the scores they did in earlier versions, playing games that last hours instead of the mere minutes we intended

Phoenix Wake is indeed a 'luxury' boost, simply to save time. When activated your ship will fly at high speed and all ships will explode when they appear on the screen. This lasts for 20 encounters. Drops like weapon upgrades and coins occur as normal, powerups don't drop during that time. Hope that clarifies it.

This update brought a lot of new factors into the mix and shook up a lot of the existing mechanics. Trust me when I say that the whole endeavour is super scary and exciting at the same time for us devs and we're happy to receive your nicely elaborate feedback.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

THIS is by far the most beautiful, most amazing Phoenix yet! I think, pretty much has been improved vastly. The new ship and its mechanic are creative and really cool. The graphics were always awesome but also got a lot better (more background, the amazing fade to black and white). I think the coin system is a perfect fit for this game. It was never leaving my device but lately I just wasn't playing it. But now, addiction came back. All prices are fair and you earn a ton of coins if you know the game. So, you now have goals to aim for, that brings back my motivation to play that game a ton! Wow, I cannot describe how much I love the update. The map based highscores, minimal menus, I love it! And yes, the resurrection animation fitting perfectly to the game's title.

I could happily die with this version of Phoenix. I'm blown away once again.
THE definite endless shmup for me.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selachii View Post
It is amazing players got to the scores they did in earlier versions, playing games that last hours instead of the mere minutes we intended
You mean I wasn't supposed to play for 6 hours straight?!?!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
THIS is by far the most beautiful, most amazing Phoenix yet! I think, pretty much has been improved vastly. The new ship and its mechanic are creative and really cool. The graphics were always awesome but also got a lot better (more background, the amazing fade to black and white). I think the coin system is a perfect fit for this game. It was never leaving my device but lately I just wasn't playing it. But now, addiction came back. All prices are fair and you earn a ton of coins if you know the game. So, you now have goals to aim for, that brings back my motivation to play that game a ton! Wow, I cannot describe how much I love the update. The map based highscores, minimal menus, I love it! And yes, the resurrection animation fitting perfectly to the game's title.

I could happily die with this version of Phoenix. I'm blown away once again.
THE definite endless shmup for me.
What is the maximum amount of coins you have won in a single run so far?
Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
What is the maximum amount of coins you have won in a single run so far?
Haven't checked exactly. But easily more than 1000. So, it's not a grind fest like most of the other IAP apps out there. Not at all.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:56 AM
iPhone (Original)

Send a message via MSN to Selachii Send a message via Skype™ to Selachii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
You mean I wasn't supposed to play for 6 hours straight?!?!
Haha, no that's fine (excellent even), but some of those 50+ mil games last over an hour on themselves.... 1 game!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:00 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Haven't checked exactly. But easily more than 1000. So, it's not a grind fest like most of the other IAP apps out there. Not at all.
It might seem like 1k is a generous amount, but it doesn't stack up when you compare it with the basic boosts which cost upwards of 1k altogether, and upwards of 3k if you want drones too (and 6k+ if you want that revive too). You'll need 2 or 3 long farming runs to finance one ranking run, which makes it enough of a grindfest in my eyes. However, as I've already shown, it's not unthinkable to manage a good ranking run without any boosts at all. But if you want to play the money game you'll always be one step behind the asking rate, trying to break even and scrounge up more coins for those drones.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:07 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selachii View Post
Haha, no that's fine (excellent even), but some of those 50+ mil games last over an hour on themselves.... 1 game!
Yeah I was only teasing , I've never played more than 30 minutes. I think my high score has been around 7.5-8 million before my fingers gave out.

This is a moot point since you aren't altering the electricity melee attack for the Shogun, but I wanted to point something out. If you look at the Trinity and the 'blade' attack that comes out of the front of the ship, the distance at which this weapon strikes the enemy vessels is a good example of the distance I wanted the electricity to come to (so you could use the electricity AND graze simultaneously). This is similar to how you can get close to an enemy with the Trinity and use this blade attack and the other weapons it fires simultaneously. Moot point like I said, but I hope that makes more sense.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 09-20-2012 at 04:14 AM..
Old 09-20-2012, 04:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Yeah I was only teasing , I've never played more than 30 minutes. I think my high score has been around 7.5-8 million before my fingers gave out.

This is a moot point since you aren't altering the electricity melee attack for the Shogun, but I wanted to point something out. If you look at the Trinity and the 'blade' attack that comes out of the front of the ship, the distance at which this weapon strikes the enemy vessels is a good example of the distance I wanted the electricity to come to, so you could use the electricity AND graze simultaneously. Moot point like I said, but I hope that makes more sense.
That Trinity weapon is actually a ranged cannon, the effect is split in two parts across the blade like element visible in front of the ship and the impact visible at the point it hits an enemy.