Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Just want to add again how much I like the improvements to the game. Sometimes I use the add on ons, sometimes I don't. Have you redone the ship models. They look sharper.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I would love to hear what sort of high scores people have been getting with and without the boosts, especially the revives and drones.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I would love to hear what sort of high scores people have been getting with and without the boosts, especially the revives and drones.
I got just shy of 5 million yesterday with the Trinity, no boosts, 5 stars from the outset. This is a good sign for me because I've really been trying to get used to pinpointing my transports.

I could have kept going a little farther but my finger tends to get tired on my iPhone.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 AM
iPhone (Original)

Send a message via MSN to Selachii Send a message via Skype™ to Selachii

@RCranium666: Well, we did tweak and upgrade the entire rendering engine, so I assume you're seeing that. We didn't redo all the models per se, just the Warlord and the Revenant.

I have updated the appearances on our website and added a high resolution render of the Trinity in perspective.

@sapphire_neo: allow me to also give my personal feedback about the Revive. Though it is deemed as a "You get to double your score because you get another life", it is hardly that. In general players die when they reach their capacity in terms of skill. When the revive kicks in they are usually able to survive one or two more encounters, but that's it, simply because they reached their skill limit. The revive offers the best protection against accidental screw-ups on your way to your actual skill limit though
Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selachii View Post
@RCranium666: Well, we did tweak and upgrade the entire rendering engine, so I assume you're seeing that. We didn't redo all the models per se, just the Warlord and the Revenant.

I have updated the appearances on our website and added a high resolution render of the Trinity in perspective.

@sapphire_neo: allow me to also give my personal feedback about the Revive. Though it is deemed as a "You get to double your score because you get another life", it is hardly that. In general players die when they reach their capacity in terms of skill. When the revive kicks in they are usually able to survive one or two more encounters, but that's it, simply because they reached their skill limit. The revive offers the best protection against accidental screw-ups on your way to your actual skill limit though
If it's that ineffective, shouldn't it be cheaper?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
iPhone (Original)

Send a message via MSN to Selachii Send a message via Skype™ to Selachii

The more expensive boosts are the luxury boosts. They work on themselves and provide a clear reward. Phoenix Wake will not win you any High Scores, but it allows you to play a game in a shorter time.
The cheaper ones, drones and drop enhancements still require a player to beat encounters and aide in the process.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

If anything I feel the drones should be cheaper.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
The Point Defense Drone is a huge advantage, and 1250 isn't something you'll make every run (I only got 1192 for my 8mil run without the doubler). Not sure how effective the Vulcan Drone is in terms of what it targets.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

It's disappointing that no other shmups aside from Shogun have come anywhere near the sophistication of your engine. Have you considered licensing it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selachii View Post

Old 09-24-2012, 03:59 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Yeah, me too, the drones are largely useless cause they cost so much, and they add so much fun to the game. I think the game will be more popular causing more inapp sales if the costs were lowered. Sure the high scores on the leaderboards would go up, but everyone would have the same equal footing, so it wouldn't matter.

I almost think the drones should be about half the current costs. I really don't see them that useful at this current point, which is kind of sad, cause they would make the game much funner. Especially if they could drop sometimes at random times even just for a short time. I know I would play this game more if drones were integrated more.