★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "Get a High Score, Get Someone Fired" Upcoming contest for 30 and Dirty (99cents)

04-25-2009, 07:15 PM
"Get a High Score, Get Someone Fired" Upcoming contest for 30 and Dirty (99cents)

With hard economic times upon us, it is become more and more difficult to turn up a profit making iPhone games. Horchata Factory is on the verge of bankruptcy and has no choice but to cut its staff.... but who should get fired?

I've narrowed down the candidates to two employees, who I believe are slackers, but can't really prove it.

True Peetre Lamb circa 2003:

True Kurtis.... in Cancun:

If you've played 30 and Dirty v1.1.2, you may have noticed a few bugs (being able to enter a high score even when you shouldn't, game crashing after saving Wallpaper 1 and exiting the shop, etc).... bugs that should have been found if a QA tester had actually gone through and played the game a little bit. Usually before every update, the game will go through a normal QA cycle through these guys until no more major bugs have been found. So I was a little shocked when I found these bugs myself after beginning to write the 1.2.1 update. Were these guys even doing their jobs???!!!! What the heck am I paying them for? The final straw was when Kurtis offered to color the title screen for me, then a week later, left for Cancun without giving me a semi-colored screen or even a status update.

So now that you know the details, here's how the contest will work.

Contest Starts

The day 30 and Dirty v1.2.1 hits the App Store. The update was submitted on April 24th.

Contest Duration

1 week, so if the update hits on Monday, the contest would end the following Monday 11:59PM.

What can I win?

The satisfaction of putting a lazy and incompetent employee on the street. Know you too can experience the same feeling that Donald Trump feels when he tells someone "You're fired.".... except you won't actually get to say it to their face.

What? This contest is messed up. I don't want any part of this.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Hmmm... I guess you're right. OK, how does this contest work?

30 and Dirty 1.2.1 has a new online leaderboard for the game modes: Quick Play Hard and Bomba!. The two QA employees in question are using the names DirtyKurt and DirtyPeetre. All you have to do, is top their GLOBAL ALL-TIME score in Quick Play Hard and Bomba! within the week of the contest. If 100+ people score more than Peetre in both modes combined, Peetre will get fired. The same goes for Kurtis. By having 100 people outscore an employee, that gives me a strong indication that the employee in question is not working very hard. They both have been "playing" this game since it was in development last August. They should be masters by now!

Also, if you happen to know any of these guys personally, please do not tell them about this contest. I will just be telling them to do some extra testing on the week the update hits, and then on the last day, I will let them know about this contest so that they can either play hard in order to save their jobs, or just give up and go back to being 30 and Dirty in real life.

Oh yeah, 30 and Dirty is now 99 cents at the moment. You can purchase it, play now and submit your score in 1.2.1 when it comes out (assuming their isn't a bug related to submitting old scores).

Here is the video of the game for those who don't know what 30 and Dirty is:

Youtube link | Pop Up

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301027057&mt=8

Good Luck.

And if for some reason you have a hard time figuring out how to submit a score when the update comes out, here are the instructions:

Currently working on NOTHING.

Last edited by tsunami0ne; 04-26-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added submit scores instructions
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Sounds great

Celebrating the Bliss of Eliss~
Eliss, my #1 favorite game of all time

04-25-2009, 07:23 PM
So this contest doesn't start for another week....

Why not fire both and get 30 beta testers to test out the builds for free?

Twitter: @Zincous

Last edited by Zincous; 04-25-2009 at 07:26 PM.
04-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Poor employees...

Last edited by crimson.; 04-25-2009 at 07:32 PM.
04-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post

+1
I couldn't agree more.
04-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Hilarious.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Pretty good campaign to get people to buy the game
"Score higher than my employees and I'll fire them!"
I just bought Underworlds so my budget is gone for this month, but maybe I'll check it out later.
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
04-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Finally picked this up. Weird game.
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post

They could all be freeloading slackers also.

Currently working on NOTHING.