★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: iosoftware
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 35.1 MB
  • Version: 1.7.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: Palm Kingdoms Classic is a classic version of our an epic turn-based strategy/RPG for iPhone!

It is one of the most refined strategies for iPhone.

Beautiful graphics and well-thought gameplay allow you to spend hours playing this game!

You control knights, that gather resources, conquer castles and new lands, and fight your opponents.

*The game has 6 factions: Knight, Barbarian, Necromancer, Sorceress, Wizard, Warlock.

*Hot-seat mode that allows several people to play using one device.

*50 creature types

*114 artifacts
08-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Short description?....

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

08-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Short description?....
If you need a bigger desc for this game, this game isnt for you. Grab the deluxe version instead (like the short desc says)
08-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
is this a re-release of 'Palm Heroes' by Palm Heroes Team...??
08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Yes... but... what about my original purchase of this game which seems it can no longer be restored? I have Palm Heroes 2 Deluxe anyway but I don't understand why the developers are not just retaining the original app.
08-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
damn... so many games getting removed, then re-released... almost makes you not want to buy any games that are over 6 months old... =o/
08-12-2011, 09:29 AM
this game was the best windows mobile game back in the days when i carried both an old nokia phone and my trusty ipaq
08-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Game Impressions

Worst 99 I have spent on the app store to date. Thought I would drop the buck to check this out before spending $4.99 on PH2. Huge mistake. This is an unfinished and unplayable port that should not be allowed on the app store. Writing and buttons are way too small. Zoom function is a total joke. Buggy is an understatement. It crashes all the time. There are dead-ends in the game mechanics. Not only have I already deleted this game but it is so bad that I am ignoring the toucharcade's rave review of Palm Heroes 2. I will never download another game by this developer again. The dev's response to complaints..."download palm heroes 2." "It is one of the most refined strategies for iPhone. Beautiful graphics and well-thought gameplay allow you to spend hours playing this game!" The preceding statements are flat out LIES. There is a reason this app was pulled. DO NOT BUY IT unless you enjoy giving your money to incompetent, immoral, deceptive rip-off artists.
08-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Yes... but... what about my original purchase of this game which seems it can no longer be restored? I have Palm Heroes 2 Deluxe anyway but I don't understand why the developers are not just retaining the original app.
Very strange - I don't see any reason for this.

Especially sucky for games with a lot of IAP like this one. If it's not the same game ID on Apple's side, everyone gets hosed. (Note that games CAN be renamed just fine - purchasers of the original might be OK if that's the case...)

I really hope the dev isn't being snarky with this - I recently got Palm Heroes 2 Deluxe for iPhone and have been enjoying the hell out of it.

EDIT: Publisher has changed to "iosoftware" - I know that's one thing you can't change in the app store (devs moving from Chillingo, Cat In Box games & several others I've seen re-release their games as a new company.)

@willod: Can you tell us how many maps were included in the version you bought? The original at 116... If it won't run, ask Apple for a refund ('Report a problem' in your account purchase history) and I know you're not interested, but try King's Bounty instead for a $0.99 PH that is good. (One HUGE map!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 08-15-2011 at 06:18 PM.
08-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Try going to "Purchased" on your device and see if you can download Palm Heroes and/or see if you can review this one.

EDIT: It would be interesting to see what you get from this, but I'm guessing it won't work as the publisher has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 08-15-2011 at 06:19 PM.