★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Powder Monkeys - a new, fresh, action RPG by XMG

08-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Powder Monkeys - a new, fresh, action RPG by XMG

Update: Powder Monkeys has been released.

New game thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=110185

This "upcoming" thread is now closed.

-------

AVAST ME POWDER MONKEYS! ARRRR!

Man th’ sails ye landlocked lubbers, put on ye peg-leg, an' load aloft ye dusty cannons! Embark th' ‘ol boat ‘n ship ‘er out on a new quest! Ye brave pirates must fight great numbers of vicious buccaneer bugs and ye successful monkeys await untouched treasures ‘n booty. In September: Blast th' bugs, carve out yer fortune, an' help monkeykind rise t’ greatness and become th' world’s greatest Powder Monkey! Arrrrr, me lads! Arrrr!

In the world of Powder Monkeys the earth has been wiped clear of mankind by a nuclear apocalypse. From the ashes, two creatures evolved to take man’s place: monkeys and insects, both with greater intelligence and the power of speech.

But be on ye toes me mateys: only one o' these squadrons shall sail th’ earth steady! So smartly me lads, command ye crew o' monkeys an' their ship as they plunder th' high seas!

Build and customize your boat, set sail in search for hidden treasures on unique and bizarre islands that are filled with hidden chests of gold. Challenge and fight the bug pirates and become a mighty monkey to take on the insects nefarious captain, Fidel Mantis!

Powder Monkeys' ferocious features:

* a deep, action-packed combat system: pick the right weapons and balance offense and defense wisely to be successful
* tons of peculiar places to explore: discover treasures, resources, and blistering bosses. Arrr! Sail to randomly-generated ocean areas, capture islands and build your own empire!
* use the in-depth customization system: tweak your ship’s beauty in many different styles, and change its stats under the hood.
* many different cannonballs to equip your ship with: slime shots, frog bullets, nukes, and many more await ye fire-lovin’ monkeys.

Yo-ho-ho me hearties - post away! Let us crafty crew of developers know ya smarts! And watch this thread fer screenshots, more info, and gameplay videos soon!

Last edited by Red1; 10-14-2011 at 10:11 PM.
08-12-2011, 06:35 PM
This looks interesting but I'm curious to hear more about the game mechanics.
08-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Sounds cool. I'll wait for some screens and stuff
08-13-2011, 01:54 AM
Power Monkeys would be a better name...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
08-19-2011, 03:31 PM
AVAST ME POWDER MONKEYS! First Screenshots and Battle System Details Within

The combat system in Powder Monkeys is a unique blend of raw action and strategy, simplicity and depth. If you’ve played Rocket Slime or the Megaman Battle Network games, be prepared for something even better. If you haven’t, you’re in for a real treat.

The idea is simple: blast the enemy ship by loading the ships’ cannons with bullets, and defend your own boat at the same time. To start off, your boat will come equipped with two types of bullets: basic and shield.

Tap the type of bullet you want to use, tap the cannon you want to fire it from, and watch the insects take the blast! Starting your chase, you’ll be attacking with basic bullets once you find openings in the enemy’s defense, and counter the enemy bullets by firing cannons from your shields - make ‘em insect timbers shiver! ARR!

But be warned me monkeys: things will get more intense and advanced quickly! We’ll be talking about the nitty-gritty of more advanced combat soon, but in the meantime, check out a sneak peek of another bullet type that you can unlock as you fight and conquer, in the Powder Monkeys world:

Watch this space for more info soon! In the meantime, let us know what you think about the combat system so far!
10-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Update: Powder Monkeys has been released.

New game thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=110185

This "upcoming" thread is now closed.

řƹȡ1